Wohnkosten und Besitzformwahl. Empirische Ergebnisse der Einkommens- und Verbrauchsstichprobe / Housing Costs and Tenure Choice. Empirical Results from the Einkommens- und Verbrauchsstichprobe
The paper investigates which impact housing costs have upon the tenure choice of households. In using the German “Einkommens- und Verbrauchsstichprobe 1993” a rich amount of both, individual household and dwelling data is available. By means of regression analysis hedonic rental costs and hedonic market values are estimated. The use of hedonic values guarantees the comparability of renters and owner occupiers.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 220 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosen, Harvey S., 1979. "Housing decisions and the U.S. income tax : An econometric analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Patric H. Hendershott, 1980. "Real User Costs and the Demand for Single-Family Housing," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 11(2), pages 401-452.
- Jones, Lawrence D, 1990. "Current Wealth Constraints on the Housing Demand of Young Owners," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 424-432, August.
- Ioannides, Yannis M & Rosenthal, Stuart S, 1994. "Estimating the Consumption and Investment Demands for Housing and Their Effect on Housing Tenure Status," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 127-141, February.
- Polinsky, A Mitchell & Ellwood, David T, 1979. "An Empirical Reconciliation of Micro and Grouped Estimates of the Demand for Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 199-205, May.
- Stefan Bach & Bernd Bartholmai, 1998. "Immobilienvermögen privater Haushalte in Deutschland 1995," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 65(35), pages 630-642.
- W.A.V. Clark & M.C. Deurloo & F.M. Dieleman, 1997. "Entry to Home-ownership in Germany: Some Comparisons with the United States," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 34(1), pages 7-19, January.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ionnides, Yannis M, 1986. "Tenure Choice and the Demand for Housing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(210), pages 231-246, May.
- King, Mervyn A., 1980. "An econometric model of tenure choice and demand for housing as a joint decision," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 137-159, October.
- Litzenberger, Robert H & Sosin, Howard B, 1978. "Taxation and the Incidence of Homeownership across Income Groups," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 947-961, June.
- Mervyn A. King, 1980. "An econometric model of tenure choice and demand for housing as a joint decision," NBER Chapters, in: Econometric Studies in Public Finance, pages 137-159 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald R. Haurin & Patric H. Hendershott & Susan M. Wachter, 1996. "Borrowing Constraints and the Tenure Choice of Young Households," NBER Working Papers 5630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maki, Atsushi, 1993. "Liquidity Constraints: A Cross-Section Analysis of the Housing Purchase Behavior of Japanese Households," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 429-437, August.
- Linneman, Peter, 1985. "An economic analysis of the homeownership decision," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 230-246, March.
- Nakagami, Yasuhiro & Pereira, Alfredo M, 1995. "Inflation, Housing Taxation, and Homeowner Uptrading," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 50(3), pages 442-469.
- Dusansky Richard & Wilson Paul W., 1993. "The Demand for Housing: Theoretical Considerations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 120-138, October.
- repec:uwp:landec:v:44:y:1968:i:1:p:59-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isaac F. Megbolugbe & Peter D. Linneman, 1993. "Home Ownership," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 30(4-5), pages 659-682, May.
- Cronin, Francis J, 1982. "Estimation of Dynamic Linear Expenditure Functions for Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(1), pages 97-103, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:220:y:2000:i:6:p:653-668. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.