The new paradigm of market transparency: how smartphone apps shape the markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harding, Simon & Kandlikar, Milind & Gulati, Sumeet, 2016. "Taxi apps, regulation, and the market for taxi journeys," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 15-25.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wu, Tian & Shen, Qu & Xu, Ming & Peng, Tianduo & Ou, Xunmin, 2018. "Development and application of an energy use and CO2 emissions reduction evaluation model for China's online car hailing services," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 298-307.
- Cassetta, Ernesto & Marra, Alessandro & Pozzi, Cesare & Antonelli, Paola, 2017. "Emerging technological trajectories and new mobility solutions. A large-scale investigation on transport-related innovative start-ups and implications for policy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 1-11.
- Anne Brown & Whitney LaValle, 2021. "Hailing a change: comparing taxi and ridehail service quality in Los Angeles," Transportation, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 1007-1031, April.
- Griffin, Greg Phillip, 2018. "Co-producing Mobility: Lessons from Ridesharing for a More Just and Sustainable Autonomous Future," SocArXiv xqmhr, Center for Open Science.
- Pueboobpaphan, Suthatip & Indra-Payoong, Nakorn & Opasanon, Sathaporn, 2019. "Experimental analysis of variable surcharge policy of taxi service auction," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 134-148.
- Wadhawan, Siddharth R. & Pearce, Joshua M., 2017. "Power and energy potential of mass-scale photovoltaic noise barrier deployment: A case study for the U.S," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 125-132.
- Winter, Konstanze & Cats, Oded & Martens, Karel & van Arem, Bart, 2021. "Parking space for shared automated vehicles: How less can be more," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 61-77.
- Szeto, W.Y. & Wong, R.C.P. & Yang, W.H., 2019. "Guiding vacant taxi drivers to demand locations by taxi-calling signals: A sequential binary logistic regression modeling approach and policy implications," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 100-110.
- Wang, Hai & Yang, Hai, 2019. "Ridesourcing systems: A framework and review," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 122-155.
- Andrés Fielbaum & Alejandro Tirachini, 2021. "The sharing economy and the job market: the case of ride-hailing drivers in Chile," Transportation, Springer, vol. 48(5), pages 2235-2261, October.
- Yang Si & Hongzhi Guan & Yuchao Cui, 2019. "Research on the Choice Behavior of Taxis and Express Services Based on the SEM-Logit Model," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-13, May.
- Shokoohyar, Sina & Sobhani, Ahmad & Sobhani, Anae, 2020. "Impacts of trip characteristics and weather condition on ride-sourcing network: Evidence from Uber and Lyft," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C).
- Faghih-Imani, Ahmadreza & Anowar, Sabreena & Miller, Eric J. & Eluru, Naveen, 2017. "Hail a cab or ride a bike? A travel time comparison of taxi and bicycle-sharing systems in New York City," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 11-21.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket transparency; pure and perfect competition; market barriers; the app economy; market vehicle;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2019:v:11:i:4:p:320-331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.