New aspects of sustainable development as a factor of competitiveness in the EU
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcus Grant & Hugh Barton, 2013. "No weighting for healthy sustainable local planning: evaluation of a participatory appraisal tool for rationality and inclusivity," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(9), pages 1267-1289, November.
- Simin Davoudi, 2003. "EUROPEAN BRIEFING: Polycentricity in European spatial planning: from an analytical tool to a normative agenda," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(8), pages 979-999, December.
- Robert Huggins & Nick Clifton, 2011. "Competitiveness, Creativity, and Place-Based Development," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 43(6), pages 1341-1362, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fernando Rubiera-Morollón & Ruben Garrido-Yserte, 2020. "Recent Literature about Urban Sprawl: A Renewed Relevance of the Phenomenon from the Perspective of Environmental Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-14, August.
- Rosalie Callway & Helen Pineo & Gemma Moore, 2020. "Understanding the Role of Standards in the Negotiation of a Healthy Built Environment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-26, November.
- Liu, Xingjian & Wang, Mingshu & Qiang, Wei & Wu, Kang & Wang, Xiaomi, 2020. "Urban form, shrinking cities, and residential carbon emissions: Evidence from Chinese city-regions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 261(C).
- Miguel A. Márquez & Elena Lasarte & Marcelo Lufin, 2019. "The Role of Neighborhood in the Analysis of Spatial Economic Inequality," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 245-273, January.
- Daniela Smiraglia & Luca Salvati & Gianluca Egidi & Rosanna Salvia & Antonio Giménez-Morera & Rares Halbac-Cotoara-Zamfir, 2021. "Toward a New Urban Cycle? A Closer Look to Sprawl, Demographic Transitions and the Environment in Europe," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-14, January.
- Cats, Oded & Wang, Qian & Zhao, Yu, 2015. "Identification and classification of public transport activity centres in Stockholm using passenger flows data," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 10-22.
- Loris Servillo & Rob Atkinson & Abdelillah Hamdouch & Loris Servillo & Antonio Paolo Russo, 2017. "Spatial Trends of Towns in Europe: The Performance of Regions with Low Degree of Urbanisation," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 108(4), pages 403-423, September.
- Weiyang Zhang & Ben Derudder, 2019. "How sensitive are measures of polycentricity to the choice of â€˜centresâ€™? A methodological and empirical exploration," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 56(16), pages 3339-3357, December.
- Brunow, Stephan & Birkeneder, Antonia & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2018.
"Creative and science-oriented employees and firm-level innovation,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
87588, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Birkeneder, Antonia & Brunow, Stephan & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2018. "Creative and science-oriented employees and firm-level innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 12695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephan Brunow & Antonia Birkeneder & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2018. "Creative and science-oriented employees and firm-level innovation," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1808, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2018.
- Martijn J. Burger & Evert J. Meijers & Frank G. van Oort, 2014. "Editorial: The Development and Functioning of Regional Urban Systems," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(12), pages 1921-1925, December.
- Peng, Benhong & Chen, Hong & Elahi, Ehsan & Wei, Guo, 2020. "Study on the spatial differentiation of environmental governance performance of Yangtze river urban agglomeration in Jiangsu province of China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Davide Burgalassi & Tommaso Luzzati, 2015. "Urban spatial structure and environmental emissions: a survey of the literature and some empirical evidence for Italian NUTS-3 regions," Discussion Papers 2015/199, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Evert Meijers, 2005. "High-level consumer services in polycentric urban regions - hospital care and higher education between duplication and complementarity," ERSA conference papers ersa05p208, European Regional Science Association.
- Wen Chen & Komali Yenneti & Yehua Dennis Wei & Feng Yuan & Jiawei Wu & Jinlong Gao, 2019. "Polycentricity in the Yangtze River Delta Urban Agglomeration (YRDUA): More Cohesion or More Disparities?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-18, June.
- Andrea Caragliu & Chiara Del Bo & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "A Map of Human Capital in European Cities," Chapters, in: Marina van Geenhuizen & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), Creative Knowledge Cities, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovannetti & Francesco Pagliacci, 2011.
"Regional patterns in the achievement of the Lisbon Strategy: a comparison between polycentric regions and monocentric ones,"
Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP)
0097, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovanetti & Francesco Pagliacci, 2011. "Regional Patterns in the Achievement of the Lisbon Strategy: a Comparison Between Polycentric Regions and Monocentric Ones," Department of Economics 0664, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Chiara Garau & Giulia Desogus & Mauro Coni, 2019. "Fostering and Planning a Smart Governance Strategy for Evaluating the Urban Polarities of the Sardinian Island (Italy)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-24, September.
- Sabrina Iommi, 2013. "Polycentric Patterns and Housing Affordability: Does a Relationship Exist?," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(3), pages 5-22.
- Zitti, Marco & Efstathios Grigoriadis & Luca Salvati, 2017. "Beyond the 'Divided City': a manifesto for spatially-balanced, sprawl-free post-crisis metropolises," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 13(1), pages 95-109, JUNE.
- Zora Živanović & Branka Tošić & Teodora Nikolić & Dragica Gatarić, 2019. "Urban System in Serbia—The Factor in the Planning of Balanced Regional Development," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-19, August.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable development; environment; competitiveness;
All these keywords.
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- O44 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Environment and Growth
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2018:v:10:i:1:p:27-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alupului Ciprian). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.