New aspects of sustainable development as a factor of competitiveness in the EU
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcus Grant & Hugh Barton, 2013. "No weighting for healthy sustainable local planning: evaluation of a participatory appraisal tool for rationality and inclusivity," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(9), pages 1267-1289, November.
- Simin Davoudi, 2003. "EUROPEAN BRIEFING: Polycentricity in European spatial planning: from an analytical tool to a normative agenda," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(8), pages 979-999, December.
- Robert Huggins & Nick Clifton, 2011. "Competitiveness, Creativity, and Place-Based Development," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 43(6), pages 1341-1362, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Liu, Xingjian & Wang, Mingshu & Qiang, Wei & Wu, Kang & Wang, Xiaomi, 2020. "Urban form, shrinking cities, and residential carbon emissions: Evidence from Chinese city-regions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 261(C).
- Miguel A. Márquez & Elena Lasarte & Marcelo Lufin, 2019. "The Role of Neighborhood in the Analysis of Spatial Economic Inequality," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 245-273, January.
- Daniela Smiraglia & Luca Salvati & Gianluca Egidi & Rosanna Salvia & Antonio Giménez-Morera & Rares Halbac-Cotoara-Zamfir, 2021. "Toward a New Urban Cycle? A Closer Look to Sprawl, Demographic Transitions and the Environment in Europe," Land, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-14, January.
- Loris Servillo & Rob Atkinson & Abdelillah Hamdouch & Loris Servillo & Antonio Paolo Russo, 2017. "Spatial Trends of Towns in Europe: The Performance of Regions with Low Degree of Urbanisation," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 108(4), pages 403-423, September.
- John B Parr, 2008. "Cities and Regions: Problems and Potentials," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(12), pages 3009-3026, December.
- Brunow, Stephan & Birkeneder, Antonia & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2018.
"Creative and science-oriented employees and firm-level innovation,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
87588, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Birkeneder, Antonia & Brunow, Stephan & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2018. "Creative and science-oriented employees and firm-level innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 12695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephan Brunow & Antonia Birkeneder & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2018. "Creative and science-oriented employees and firm-level innovation," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1808, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2018.
- lain Deas & Alex Lord, 2006. "From a New Regionalism to an Unusual Regionalism? The Emergence of Non-standard Regional Spaces and Lessons for the Territorial Reorganisation of the State," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 43(10), pages 1847-1877, September.
- Gordon Dabinett, 2010. "Spatial Justice and the Translation of European Strategic Planning Ideas in the Urban Sub-region of South Yorkshire," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(11), pages 2389-2408, October.
- Colin Jones & Chris Leishman & Charlotte MacDonald, 2009. "Sustainable Urban Form and Residential Development Viability," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(7), pages 1667-1690, July.
- Colin Jones, 2017. "Spatial economy and the geography of functional economic areas," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 44(3), pages 486-503, May.
- Davide Burgalassi & Tommaso Luzzati, 2015. "Urban spatial structure and environmental emissions: a survey of the literature and some empirical evidence for Italian NUTS-3 regions," Discussion Papers 2015/199, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Robbert Zandvliet & Martin Dijst, 2006. "Short-term Dynamics in the Use of Places: A Space-Time Typology of Visitor Populations in the Netherlands," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 43(7), pages 1159-1176, June.
- Evert Meijers, 2005. "High-level consumer services in polycentric urban regions - hospital care and higher education between duplication and complementarity," ERSA conference papers ersa05p208, European Regional Science Association.
- Wen Chen & Komali Yenneti & Yehua Dennis Wei & Feng Yuan & Jiawei Wu & Jinlong Gao, 2019. "Polycentricity in the Yangtze River Delta Urban Agglomeration (YRDUA): More Cohesion or More Disparities?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-18, June.
- Andrea Caragliu & Chiara Del Bo & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "A Map of Human Capital in European Cities," Chapters, in: Marina van Geenhuizen & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), Creative Knowledge Cities, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovannetti & Francesco Pagliacci, 2011.
"Regional patterns in the achievement of the Lisbon Strategy: a comparison between polycentric regions and monocentric ones,"
Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP)
0097, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovanetti & Francesco Pagliacci, 2011. "Regional Patterns in the Achievement of the Lisbon Strategy: a Comparison Between Polycentric Regions and Monocentric Ones," Department of Economics 0664, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Tianren Yang & Ying Jin & Longxu Yan & Pei Pei, 2019. "Aspirations and realities of polycentric development: Insights from multi-source data into the emerging urban form of Shanghai," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 46(7), pages 1264-1280, September.
- Zitti, Marco & Efstathios Grigoriadis & Luca Salvati, 2017. "Beyond the 'Divided City': a manifesto for spatially-balanced, sprawl-free post-crisis metropolises," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 13(1), pages 95-109, JUNE.
- Zora Živanović & Branka Tošić & Teodora Nikolić & Dragica Gatarić, 2019. "Urban System in Serbia—The Factor in the Planning of Balanced Regional Development," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(15), pages 1-19, August.
- Theodore Metaxas & Laura Juarez & Gaby Gavriilidis, 2021. "Planning and Marketing the City for Sustainability: The Madrid Nuevo Norte Project," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(4), pages 1-22, February.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable development; environment; competitiveness;
All these keywords.
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- O44 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Environment and Growth
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2018:v:10:i:1:p:27-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.