The Loyal Customers’ Perception Regarding The Online Buying Process
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Forsythe, Sandra M. & Shi, Bo, 2003. "Consumer patronage and risk perceptions in Internet shopping," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 867-875, November.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:85:y:2009:i:3:p:376-390 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andres Kuusik, 2007. "Affecting Customer Loyalty: Do Different Factors Have Various Influences In Different Loyalty Levels?," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 58, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Chan, Kimmy Wa & Li, Stella Yiyan, 2010. "Understanding consumer-to-consumer interactions in virtual communities: The salience of reciprocity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 1033-1040, September.
More about this item
Keywordsloyalty; depth interview; online buying; advantages; disadvantages;
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2015:v:7:i:2:p:241-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alupului Ciprian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.