Is Economic Freedom One Dimensional? A Factor Analysis of Some Common Measures of Economic Freedom
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cohen, Joseph N, 2009. "Is “economic freedom” strictly free market capitalism? A decompositional analysis of the Economic Freedom of the World index," MPRA Paper 22437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jac C. Heckelman, 2010.
"The Connection between Democratic Freedoms and Growth in Transition Economies,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 56(2), pages 121-146.
- Jac, Heckelman, 2009. "The connection between democratic freedoms and growth in transition economies," MPRA Paper 21533, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jac C Heckelman & Benjamin Powell, 2010.
"Corruption and the Institutional Environment for Growth,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 52(3), pages 351-378, September.
- Heckelman, Jac C. & Powell, Benjamin, 2008. "Corruption and the Institutional Environment for Growth," Working Papers 2008-6, Suffolk University, Department of Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas, 2003. "The Benefits of Economic Freedom: A Survey," Ratio Working Papers 4, The Ratio Institute.
- Scott Beaulier & Robert Elder & Cheryl Han & Joshua C. Hall, 2016. "An ordinal ranking of economic institutions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(26), pages 2482-2490, June.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40888-017-0063-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cebula, Richard J. & Clark, J.R. & Mixon, Franklin G., Jr., 2013.
"The Impact of Economic Freedom on Per Capita Real GDP: A Study of OECD Nations,"
Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy,
Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1).
- Cebula, Richard & Clark, J.R. & Mixon, Franklin, 2012. "The Impact of Economic Freedom on Per Capita Real GDP: A Study of OECD Nation," MPRA Paper 49220, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2013.
- Botero Degiovanni, Hernan, 2013. "The Effects of Drug Enforcement on Violence in Colombia 1999-2010: A Spatial Econometric Approach," MPRA Paper 49459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jac C. Heckelman & Stephen Knack, 2008. "Foreign Aid and Market-Liberalizing Reform," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(299), pages 524-548, August.
- Jac C. Heckelman, 2002. "On the Measurement of Comparative Economic Freedom across Nations," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 1(3), pages 251-261, December.
- Heckelman, Jac C. & Stroup, Michael D., 2005. "A comparison of aggregation methods for measures of economic freedom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 953-966, December.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:18:y:2012:i:2:p:139-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lina Escobar Rangel and Francois Leveque, 2015. "Revisiting the Cost Escalation Curse of Nuclear Power: New Lessons from the French Experience," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Richard Cebula & Franklin Mixon, 2012. "The Impact of Fiscal and Other Economic Freedoms on Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 139-149, May.
- Vatcharin Sirimaneetham, 2006. "What drives liberal policies in developing countries?," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 06/587, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:25:y:2000:i:1:p:17-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.