Software for parallel computing: the LAM implementation of MPI
Many econometric problems can benefit from the application of parallel computing techniques, and recent advances in hardware and software have made such application feasible. There are a number of freely available software libraries that make it possible to write message passing parallel programs using personal computers or Unix workstations. This review discusses one of these-the LAM (Local Area Multiprocessor) implementation of MPI (the Message Passing Interface). Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 16 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jcatalog/subscribe.jsp?issn=0883-7252 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coleman, Wilbur John, II, 1993.
"Solving Nonlinear Dynamic Models on Parallel Computers,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 325-30, July.
- Wilbur John Coleman II, 1992. "Solving nonlinear dynamic models on parallel computers," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 66, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Liu, Chuanhai & Rubin, Donald B., 1996. "Markov-Normal analysis of iterative simulations before their convergence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 69-78, November.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1.
- Nagurney, Anna, 1996. "Parallel computation," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 335-404 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:16:y:2001:i:2:p:185-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.