Software for parallel computing: the LAM implementation of MPI
Many econometric problems can benefit from the application of parallel computing techniques, and recent advances in hardware and software have made such application feasible. There are a number of freely available software libraries that make it possible to write message passing parallel programs using personal computers or Unix workstations. This review discusses one of these-the LAM (Local Area Multiprocessor) implementation of MPI (the Message Passing Interface). Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 16 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jcatalog/subscribe.jsp?issn=0883-7252 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nagurney, Anna, 1996. "Parallel computation," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 335-404 Elsevier.
- Liu, Chuanhai & Rubin, Donald B., 1996. "Markov-Normal analysis of iterative simulations before their convergence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 69-78, November.
- Coleman, Wilbur John, II, 1993.
"Solving Nonlinear Dynamic Models on Parallel Computers,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 325-330, July.
- Wilbur John Coleman II, 1992. "Solving nonlinear dynamic models on parallel computers," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 66, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:16:y:2001:i:2:p:185-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.