A Nonparametric Variance-Ratio Test of the Behavior of U.K. Real Estate and Construction Indices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Errunza, Vihang, et al, 1994. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Global Stock Return Distributions," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 29(3), pages 293-317, August.
- Nan Ting Chou & William H. Dare & William Dukes & Christopher K. Ma, 1996. "Random Walks in World Money Rates," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1453-1465, December.
- Abhyankar, A & Copeland, L S & Wong, W, 1997. "Uncovering Nonlinear Structure in Real-Time Stock-Market Indexes: The S&P 500, the DAX, the Nikkei 225, and the FTSE-100," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Abhyankar, A & Copeland, L S & Wong, W, 1995. "Nonlinear Dynamics in Real-Time Equity Market Indices: Evidence from the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 864-880, July.
- Ayadi, O. Felix & Pyun, C. S., 1994. "An application of variance ratio test to the Korean securities market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 643-658, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Butler, Kirt C. & Malaikah, S. J., 1992. "Efficiency and inefficiency in thinly traded stock markets: Kuwait and Saudi Arabia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 197-210, February.
- Greene, Myron T. & Fielitz, Bruce D., 1977. "Long-term dependence in common stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 339-349, May.
- Fong, Wai Mun & Koh, Seng Kee & Ouliaris, Sam, 1997. "Joint Variance-Ratio Tests of the Martingale Hypothesis for Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 51-59, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:283-294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schindler, Felix, 2010. "How efficient is the U.K. housing market?," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-030, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Schindler, Felix, 2010.
"Market efficiency in the emerging securitized real estate markets,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
10-033, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Felix Schindler, 2010. "Market Efficiency In The Emerging Securitized Real Estate Markets," ERES eres2010_138, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Aye, Goodness C. & Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Gupta, Rangan & Wohar, Mark E., 2017.
"The efficiency of the art market: Evidence from variance ratio tests, linear and nonlinear fractional integration approaches,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 283-294.
- Goodness C. Aye & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Rangan Gupta & Mark Wohar, 2016. "The Efficiency of the Art Market: Evidence from Variance Ratio Tests, Linear and Nonlinear Fractional Integration Approaches," Working Papers 201610, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Shyh-Wei & Shen, Chung-Hua, 2012. "Examining the stochastic behavior of REIT returns: Evidence from the regime switching approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 291-298.
More about this item
Keywordsvariance ratio; heteroskedasticity; stock index; random walk; ranks; signsJournal: International Real Estate Review;
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:10:n:02:2007:p:94-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Secretary Office/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.asres.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.