Divisor-Based Biproportional Apportionment in Electoral Systems: A Real-Life Benchmark Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence R. Ernst, 1994. "Appointment Methods for the House of Representatives and the Court Challenges," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1207-1227, October.
- Michel Balinski & Gabrielle Demange, 1989. "Algorithm for Proportional Matrices in Reals and Integers," Post-Print halshs-00585327, HAL.
- Gassner, Marjorie, 1988.
"Two-dimensional rounding for a quasi-proportional representation,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 529-538.
- Marjorie Gassner, 1988. "Two-dimensional rounding for a quasi-proportional representation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/232152, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marjorie B. Gassner, 1991. "Biproportional Delegations," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 3(3), pages 321-342, July.
- Gisèle De Meur & Marjorie Gassner & Xavier Hubaut, 1985. "A Mathematical Model for Political Bipolarization," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/232145, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gaffke, Norbert & Pukelsheim, Friedrich, 2008. "Divisor methods for proportional representation systems: An optimization approach to vector and matrix apportionment problems," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 166-184, September.
- Benoit, Kenneth, 2000. "Which Electoral Formula Is the Most Proportional? A New Look with New Evidence," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 381-388, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Demange, Gabrielle, 2012.
"On party-proportional representation under district distortions,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 181-191.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2011. "On party-proportional representation under district distortions," PSE Working Papers halshs-00623031, HAL.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2012. "On party-proportional representation under district distortions," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00670843, HAL.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00623031 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oelbermann, Kai-Friederike, 2016. "Alternate Scaling algorithm for biproportional divisor methods," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 25-32.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00644439 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordselectoral systems; divisor-based biproportional apportionment; computer simulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:56:y:2010:i:2:p:373-387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.