On party-proportional representation under district distortions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Demange, Gabrielle, 2012. "On party-proportional representation under district distortions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 181-191.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2012. "On party-proportional representation under district distortions," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00670843, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michel Balinski & Gabrielle Demange, 1989. "Algorithm for Proportional Matrices in Reals and Integers," Post-Print halshs-00585327, HAL.
- Gallagher, Michael, 1992. "Comparing Proportional Representation Electoral Systems: Quotas, Thresholds, Paradoxes and Majorities," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(04), pages 469-496, October.
- M. L. Balinski & G. Demange, 1989.
"An Axiomatic Approach to Proportionality Between Matrices,"
Mathematics of Operations Research,
INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 700-719, November.
- Michel Balinski & Gabrielle Demange, 1989. "An Axiomatic Approach to Proportionality between Matrices," Post-Print hal-00686748, HAL.
- Gabrielle Demange & Michel Balinski, 1989. "An Axiomatic Approach to Proportionality between Matrices," Post-Print halshs-00670952, HAL.
- Marjorie B. Gassner, 1991. "Biproportional Delegations," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 3(3), pages 321-342, July.
- Sebastian Maier & Petur Zachariassen & Martin Zachariasen, 2010. "Divisor-Based Biproportional Apportionment in Electoral Systems: A Real-Life Benchmark Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(2), pages 373-387, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Biró, Péter & Kóczy, László Á. & Sziklai, Balázs, 2015.
"Fair apportionment in the view of the Venice Commission’s recommendation,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 32-41.
- László Á. Kóczy & Balázs Sziklai & Péter Biró, 2013. "Fair Apportionment in the View of the Venice Commission's Recommendation," Working Paper Series 1302, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Peter Biro & Laszlo A. Koczy & Balazs Sziklai, 2013. "Fair Apportionment in the View of the Venice Commission's Recommendation," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1338, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Kóczy Á., László & Biró, Péter & Sziklai, Balázs, 2012.
[Fair apportionment of voting districts in Hungary]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 1165-1186.
More about this item
KeywordsParty-proportional representation; (bi-)apportionment; (bi-)divisor methods; fair shares;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2011-09-22 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2011-09-22 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00623031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .