How Much Did the Liberty Shipbuilders Forget?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Thompson, 2001.
"How Much Did the Liberty Shipbuilders Learn? New Evidence for an Old Case Study,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(1), pages 103-137, February.
- Peter Thompson, 1997. "How Much Did the Liberty Shipbuilders Learn? New Evidence for an Old Case Study," Development and Comp Systems 9712001, EconWPA.
- Eric D. Darr & Linda Argote & Dennis Epple, 1995.
"The Acquisition, Transfer, and Depreciation of Knowledge in Service Organizations: Productivity in Franchises,"
INFORMS, vol. 41(11), pages 1750-1762, November.
- Epple, D. & Argote, L. & Darr, E.D., 1995. "The Acquisition, Transfer and Depreciation of Knowledge in Service Organisations: Productivity in Franchises," GSIA Working Papers 1995-16, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Irwin, Douglas A & Klenow, Peter J, 1994. "Learning-by-Doing Spillovers in the Semiconductor Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1200-1227, December.
- Auerswald, Philip & Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Shell, Karl, 2000.
"The production recipes approach to modeling technological innovation: An application to learning by doing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 389-450, March.
- Philip Auerswald & Stuart Kauffman & Jose Lobo & Karl Shell, 1998. "The Production Recipes Approach to Modeling Technological Innovation: An Application to Learning By Doing," Working Papers 98-11-100, Santa Fe Institute.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Dennis Epple & Linda Argote & Kenneth Murphy, 1996.
"An Empirical Investigation of the Microstructure of Knowledge Acquisition and Transfer Through Learning by Doing,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 77-86, February.
- Epple, D. & Argote, L. & Murphy, K., 1995. "An Empiraical Investigation of the Micro Structure of Knowledge Acquisition and Transfer Through Learning by Doing," GSIA Working Papers 1995-17, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Rebecca Achee Thornton & Peter Thompson, 2001. "Learning from Experience and Learning from Others: An Exploration of Learning and Spillovers in Wartime Shipbuilding," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1350-1368, December.
- C. Lanier Benkard, 2000. "Learning and Forgetting: The Dynamics of Aircraft Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1034-1054, September.
- John F. Muth, 1986. "Search Theory and the Manufacturing Progress Function," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 948-962, August.
- Linda Argote & Sara L. Beckman & Dennis Epple, 1990. "The Persistence and Transfer of Learning in Industrial Settings," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(2), pages 140-154, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven D. Levitt & John A. List & Chad Syverson, 2013.
"Toward an Understanding of Learning by Doing: Evidence from an Automobile Assembly Plant,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(4), pages 643-681.
- Steven D. Levitt & John A. List & Chad Syverson, 2012. "Toward an Understanding of Learning by Doing: Evidence from an Automobile Assembly Plant," NBER Working Papers 18017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Menzel, 2017. "Knowledge Exchange and Productivity Spill-overs in Bangladeshi Garment Factories," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp607, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- William Hanlon, 2017. "Dynamic Comparative Advantage in International Shipbuilding: The Transition from Wood to Steel," 2017 Meeting Papers 140, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Thompson, Peter, 2010. "Learning by Doing," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:3:p:588-608 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hazhir Rahmandad & Nelson Repenning, 2016. "Capability erosion dynamics," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 649-672, April.
- Scott F. Rockart & Nilanjana Dutt, 2015. "The rate and potential of capability development trajectories," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 53-75, January.
- Anelí Bongers, 2017. "Learning and Forgetting in the Jet Fighter Aircraft Industry," Working Papers 2017-02, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Kamalini Ramdas & Khaled Saleh & Steven Stern & Haiyan Liu, 2016. "Variety and Experience: Learning and Forgetting in the Use of Surgical Devices," Working Papers 0316, University of South Florida, Department of Economics.
- Guy David & Tanguy Brachet, 2011. "On the Determinants of Organizational Forgetting," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 100-123, August.
- Sáenz-Royo, Carlos & Salas-Fumás, Vicente, 2013. "Learning to learn and productivity growth: Evidence from a new car-assembly plant," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 336-344.
- Steven Levitt & John List & Chad Syverson, 2012. "Toward an Understanding of Learning by Doing: Evidence from an Automobile Plant," Natural Field Experiments 00463, The Field Experiments Website.
- Ravi Bapna & Nishtha Langer & Amit Mehra & Ram Gopal & Alok Gupta, 2013. "Human Capital Investments and Employee Performance: An Analysis of IT Services Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(3), pages 641-658, November.
- Blazek, David & Sickles, Robin C., 2010. "The impact of knowledge accumulation and geographical spillovers on productivity and efficiency: The case of U. S. shipbuilding during WWII," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1484-1497, November.
- Hockenberry, Jason M. & Helmchen, Lorens A., 2014. "The nature of surgeon human capital depreciation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 70-80.
- Carolyn D. Egelman & Dennis Epple & Linda Argote & Erica R.H. Fuchs, 2013. "Learning by Doing in a Multi-Product Manufacturing Environment: Product Variety, Customizations, and Overlapping Product Generations," NBER Working Papers 19674, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Apurba Shee & Spiro E. Stefanou, 2016. "Bounded learning-by-doing and sources of firm level productivity growth in colombian food manufacturing industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 185-197, December.
- Robert S. Huckman & Bradley R. Staats & David M. Upton, 2009. "Team Familiarity, Role Experience, and Performance: Evidence from Indian Software Services," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(1), pages 85-100, January.
More about this item
Keywordslearning by doing; organizational forgetting; Liberty ships; industries; transportation equipment; organizational studies; productivity; effectiveness-performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:53:y:2007:i:6:p:908-918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .