A Coordinated Production Planning Model with Capacity Expansion and Inventory Management
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter J. Billington & John O. McClain & L. Joseph Thomas, 1983. "Mathematical Programming Approaches to Capacity-Constrained MRP Systems: Review, Formulation and Problem Reduction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(10), pages 1126-1141, October.
- Harvey M. Wagner & Thomson M. Whitin, 1958. "Dynamic Version of the Economic Lot Size Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 89-96, October.
- Salah E. Elmaghraby, 1978. "The Economic Lot Scheduling Problem (ELSP): Review and Extensions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(6), pages 587-598, February.
- Horst Tempelmeier & Matthias Derstroff, 1996. "A Lagrangean-Based Heuristic for Dynamic Multilevel Multiitem Constrained Lotsizing with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 738-757, May.
- Nam, Sang-jin & Logendran, Rasaratnam, 1992. "Aggregate production planning -- A survey of models and methodologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 255-272, September.
- Narro Lopez, Miguel A. & Kingsman, Brian G., 1991. "The economic lot scheduling problem: theory and practice," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-3), pages 147-164, October.
- Uday S. Karmarkar, 1987. "Lot Sizes, Lead Times and In-Process Inventories," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(3), pages 409-418, March.
- Singhal, Jaya & Singhal, Kalyan, 1996. "Alternate approaches to solving the Holt et al. model and to performing sensitivity analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 89-98, May.
- Buxey, Geoff, 1995. "A managerial perspective on aggregate planning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-3), pages 127-133, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georgiadis, Patroklos & Athanasiou, Efstratios, 2013. "Flexible long-term capacity planning in closed-loop supply chains with remanufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(1), pages 44-58.
- Jodlbauer, Herbert & Altendorfer, Klaus, 2010. "Trade-off between capacity invested and inventory needed," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(1), pages 118-133, May.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2003. "Commissioned Paper: Capacity Management, Investment, and Hedging: Review and Recent Developments," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(4), pages 269-302, July.
- Martínez-Costa, Carme & Mas-Machuca, Marta & Benedito, Ernest & Corominas, Albert, 2014. "A review of mathematical programming models for strategic capacity planning in manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 66-85.
- Koca, Esra & Yaman, Hande & Selim Aktürk, M., 2015. "Stochastic lot sizing problem with controllable processing times," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1-10.
- Hahn, G.J. & Kuhn, H., 2012. "Simultaneous investment, operations, and financial planning in supply chains: A value-based optimization approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 559-569.
- Hongmin Li & Stephen C. Graves & Woonghee Tim Huh, 2014. "Optimal Capacity Conversion for Product Transitions Under High Service Requirements," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 46-60, February.
- Jaya Singhal & Kalyan Singhal, 2008. "A Noniterative Algorithm for the Linear-Quadratic Profit-Maximization Model for Smoothing Multiproduct Production," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 20(2), pages 169-178, May.
- Julka, Nirupam & Baines, Tim & Tjahjono, Benny & Lendermann, Peter & Vitanov, Val, 2007. "A review of multi-factor capacity expansion models for manufacturing plants: Searching for a holistic decision aid," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 607-621, April.
- Xiuli Chao & Hong Chen & Shaohui Zheng, 2009. "Dynamic Capacity Expansion for a Service Firm with Capacity Deterioration and Supply Uncertainty," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 82-93, February.
- Klaus Altendorfer & Thomas Felberbauer & Herbert Jodlbauer, 2018. "Effects of forecast errors on optimal utilisation in aggregate production planning with stochastic customer demand," Papers 1812.00773, arXiv.org.
- Dulluri, Sandeep & Raghavan, N.R. Srinivasa, 2008. "Collaboration in tool development and capacity investments in high technology manufacturing networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 962-977, June.
- repec:eee:energy:v:147:y:2018:i:c:p:950-964 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsProduction Planning; Multiproduct Inventory; Capacity Expansion; Equipment Purchase; Mathematical Programming; Heuristics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:47:y:2001:i:11:p:1562-1580. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.