A Noniterative Algorithm for the Linear-Quadratic Profit-Maximization Model for Smoothing Multiproduct Production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dobos, Imre, 2003. "Optimal production-inventory strategies for a HMMS-type reverse logistics system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 351-360, January.
- Morton I. Kamien & Lode Li, 1990. "Subcontracting, Coordination, Flexibility, and Production Smoothing in Aggregate Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(11), pages 1352-1363, November.
- Warren H. Hausman & John O. McClain, 1971. "A Note on the Bergstrom-Smith Multi-Item Production Planning Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(11), pages 783-785, July.
- Stephen C. Graves, 1982. "Using Lagrangean Techniques to Solve Hierarchical Production Planning Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 260-275, March.
- Nam, Sang-jin & Logendran, Rasaratnam, 1992. "Aggregate production planning -- A survey of models and methodologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 255-272, September.
- P. R. Kleindorfer & C. H. Kriebel & G. L. Thompson & G. B. Kleindorfer, 1975. "Discrete Optimal Control of Production Plans," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 261-273, November.
- Rein Peterson, 1971. "Optimal Smoothing of Shipments in Response to Orders," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(9), pages 597-607, May.
- Gabriel R. Bitran & Elizabeth A. Haas & Arnoldo C. Hax, 1981. "Hierarchical Production Planning: A Single Stage System," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 717-743, August.
- Charles C. Holt, 2002. "Learning How to Plan Production, Inventories, and Work Force," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 96-99, February.
- Sampath Rajagopalan & Jayashankar M. Swaminathan, 2001. "A Coordinated Production Planning Model with Capacity Expansion and Inventory Management," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(11), pages 1562-1580, November.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1979.
"Rational Decision Making in Business Organizations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 493-513, September.
- Simon, Herbert A., 1978. "Rational Decision-Making in Business Organizations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1978-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Gary L. Bergstrom & Barnard E. Smith, 1970. "Multi-Item Production Planning--An Extension of the HMMS Rules," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(10), pages 614-629, June.
- Hamilton, James D., 2002. "On the interpretation of cointegration in the linear-quadratic inventory model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2037-2049, October.
- C. Van De Panne & P. Bosje, 1962. "Sensitivity Analysis of Cost Coefficient Estimates: The Case of Linear Decision Rules for Employment and Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(1), pages 82-107, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Olhager, Jan & Rudberg, Martin & Wikner, Joakim, 2001. "Long-term capacity management: Linking the perspectives from manufacturing strategy and sales and operations planning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 215-225, January.
- Fumero, Francesca & Vercellis, Carlo, 1997. "Integrating distribution, machine assignment and lot-sizing via Lagrangean relaxation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 45-54, March.
- Tom Vogel & Bernardo Almada-Lobo & Christian Almeder, 2017. "Integrated versus hierarchical approach to aggregate production planning and master production scheduling," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 39(1), pages 193-229, January.
- De Giovanni, Pietro & Zaccour, Georges, 2019. "Optimal quality improvements and pricing strategies with active and passive product returns," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 248-262.
- Gilbert-Saad, Antoine & Siedlok, Frank & McNaughton, Rod B., 2018. "Decision and design heuristics in the context of entrepreneurial uncertainties," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 75-80.
- Pelikan, Pavel, 2006. "Markets vs. Government when Rationality Is Unequally Bounded: Some Consequences of Cognitive Inequalities for Theory and Policy," Ratio Working Papers 85, The Ratio Institute, revised 03 Sep 2006.
- Jodlbauer, Herbert & Altendorfer, Klaus, 2010. "Trade-off between capacity invested and inventory needed," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(1), pages 118-133, May.
- Peiling Wu & Joseph C. Hartman & George R. Wilson, 2005. "An Integrated Model and Solution Approach for Fleet Sizing with Heterogeneous Assets," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(1), pages 87-103, February.
- Maccini, Louis J. & Moore, Bartholomew & Schaller, Huntley, 2015. "Inventory behavior with permanent sales shocks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 290-313.
- Josip Kotlar & Philipp Sieger, 2019. "Bounded Rationality and Bounded Reliability: A Study of Nonfamily Managersâ€™ Entrepreneurial Behavior in Family Firms," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 43(2), pages 251-273, March.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & de Janvry, Alain & Schmitz, Andrew & Zilberman, David D., 1980.
"Principal issues in the evaluation of public research in agriculture,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt74v9m7dh, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & de Janvry, Alain & Schmitz, Andrew & Zilberman, David, 1981. "Principal Issues in the Evaluation of Public Research in Agriculture," Evaluation of Agricultural Research, Proceedings of a Workshop, Minneapolis, MN, May 12-13, 1980, Miscellaneous Publication 8 49077, University of Minnesota, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Susumu Cato, 2014. "Menu Dependence and Group Decision Making," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 561-577, May.
- Petroni Angelo Maria, 1991. "L'Individualisme Methodologique," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Nicolai J. Foss, 2010. "Bounded Rationality and Organizational Economics," Chapters, in: Peter G. Klein & Michael E. Sykuta (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Transaction Cost Economics, chapter 14, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1985. "Management versus ownership, II," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 115-138, March.
- Hugo Benítez-Silva & Debra Dwyer & Wayne-Roy Gayle & Thomas Muench, 2008.
"Expectations in micro data: rationality revisited,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 381-416, March.
- Hugo Benítez-Silva & Debra S. Dwyer & Wayne-Roy Gayle & Thomas J. Muench, 2003. "Expectations in Micro Data: Rationality Revisited," Working Papers wp059, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Debra S. Dwyer & Wayne-Roy Gayle & Tom Muench, 2005. "Expectations in Micro Data: Rationality Revisited," Department of Economics Working Papers 05-04, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Markus Reitzig & Boris Maciejovsky, 2015. "Corporate hierarchy and vertical information flow inside the firm—a behavioral view," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(13), pages 1979-1999, December.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2003. "Commissioned Paper: Capacity Management, Investment, and Hedging: Review and Recent Developments," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(4), pages 269-302, July.
- Gershberg, Alec Ian, 1999. "Fostering Effective Parental Participation in Education: Lessons from a Comparison of Reform Processes in Nicaragua and Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 753-771, April.
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Werner Güth & M. Vittoria Levati & Jianying Qiu, 2006.
"Satisficing in sales competition: experimental evidence,"
Papers on Strategic Interaction
2006-32, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Werner G?th & M. Vittoria Levati & Jianying Qiu, 2009. "Satisficing in sales competition: experimental evidence," Working Papers 2009-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Berninghaus, Siegrfried K. & Güth, Werner & Levati, M. Vittoria & Qiu, Jianying, 2007. "Satisficing in sales competition : experimental evidence," Papers 07-03, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Berninghaus, Siegfried K. & Gueth, Werner & Levati, M. Vittoria & Qiu, Jianying, 2007. "Satisficing in sales competition: experimental evidence," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 07-03, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
More about this item
Keywordslinear decision rules; linear-quadratic functions; nonlinear optimization; production smoothing; sensitivity analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:orijoc:v:20:y:2008:i:2:p:169-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.