Commentary--Do Bids Equal Values on eBay?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ostrovsky, Michael & Schwarz, Michael, 2009. "Reserve Prices in Internet Advertising Auctions: A Field Experiment," Research Papers 2054, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Engelberg, Joseph & Williams, Jared, 2009. "eBay's proxy bidding: A license to shill," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 509-526, October.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ernan Haruvy & Peter T. L. Popkowski Leszczyc, 2015. "The Loser’s Bliss in Auctions with Price Externality," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-23, July.
- Janne Tukiainen, 2017.
"Effects of Minimum Bid Increments in Internet Auctions: Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(3), pages 597-622, September.
- Tukiainen, Janne, 2013. "Effects of minimum bid increment in internet auctions: Evidence from a field experiment," Working Papers 44, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Robert Zeithammer & Christopher Adams, 2010. "Rejoinder--Causes and Implications of Some Bidders Not Conforming to the Sealed-Bid Abstraction," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(6), pages 998-1000, 11-12.
- Platt, Brennan C., 2017. "Inferring ascending auction participation from observed bidders," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 65-88.
- Joachim Freyberger & Bradley J. Larsen, 2017. "Identification in Ascending Auctions, with an Application to Digital Rights Management," NBER Working Papers 23569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Syngjoo Choi & Lars Nesheim & Imran Rasul, 2016. "Reserve Price Effects In Auctions: Estimates From Multiple Regression-Discontinuity Designs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 294-314, January.
- L. Elisa Celis & Gregory Lewis & Markus Mobius & Hamid Nazerzadeh, 2014.
"Buy-It-Now or Take-a-Chance: Price Discrimination Through Randomized Auctions,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(12), pages 2927-2948, December.
- L. Elisa Celis & Gregory Lewis & Markus M. Mobius & Hamid Nazerzadeh, 2012. "Buy-it-now or Take-a-chance: Price Discrimination through Randomized Auctions," NBER Working Papers 18590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Hasker & Robin Sickles, 2010. "eBay in the Economic Literature: Analysis of an Auction Marketplace," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 37(1), pages 3-42, August.
- Yusuke Matsuki, 2016. "A Distribution-Free Test of Monotonicity with an Application to Auctions," Working Papers e110, Tokyo Center for Economic Research.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Ian Gale, 1994. "Auctions with budget-constrained buyers: a nonequivalence result," Working Papers (Old Series) 9402, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Kathryn M. Dominguez, 1991. "Do Exchange Auctions Work? An Examination of the Bolivian Experience," NBER Working Papers 3683, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giuseppe Topa & Alain Karsenty & Carole Megevand & Laurent Debroux, 2009. "The Rainforests of Cameroon : Experience and Evidence from a Decade of Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2683, June.
- Rasmusen Eric Bennett, 2006.
"Strategic Implications of Uncertainty over One's Own Private Value in Auctions,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-22, November.
- Eric B. Rasmusen, 2001. "Starategic Implications of Uncertainty Over One's Own Private Value in Auctions," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-127, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Eric Rasmusen, 2004. "Strategic Implications of Uncertainty Over One’s Own Private Value in Auctions," Working Papers 2004-13, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Christian Gollier & James Hammitt & Nicolas Treich, 2013.
"Risk and choice: A research saga,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 129-145, October.
- Gollier, Christian & Hammitt, James K. & Treich, Nicolas, 2013. "Risk and Choice: A Research Saga," IDEI Working Papers 804, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian & Hammitt, James K. & Treich, Nicolas, 2013. "Risk and Choice: A Research Saga," TSE Working Papers 13-444, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Renato Gomes & Alessandro Pavan, 2013. "Cross-Subsidization and Matching Design," Discussion Papers 1559, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Jinpeng Ma, 1997. "English Auctions and Walrasian Equilibria with Multiple Objects: a dynamic approach," Departmental Working Papers 199702, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Vladimirov, Vladimir, 2015. "Financing bidders in takeover contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 534-557.
- Chi, Chang Koo & Murto, Pauli & Valimaki, Juuso, 2017. "All-Pay Auctions with Affiliated Values," MPRA Paper 80799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Pechlivanos, Lambros, 2006.
"Second-price common-value auctions under multidimensional uncertainty,"
Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 43-71, April.
- Pechlivanos, Lambros & Frutos, María Ángeles de, 1999. "Second-price common-value auctions under multidimensional uncertainty," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6139, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- John H. Kagel & Colin M. Campbell & Dan Levin, 1999.
"The Winner's Curse and Public Information in Common Value Auctions: Reply,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 325-334, March.
- Kagel, John H & Levin, Dan, 1991. "The Winner's Curse and Public Information in Common Value Auctions: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 362-369, March.
- Malueg, David A. & Orzach, Ram, 2009. "Revenue comparison in common-value auctions: Two examples," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 177-180, November.
- Nyborg, Kjell G. & Sundaresan, Suresh, 1996. "Discriminatory versus uniform Treasury auctions: Evidence from when-issued transactions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 63-104, September.
- Audrey Hu & Steven A Matthews & Liang Zou, 2019. "Low Reserve Prices in Auctions," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 129(622), pages 2563-2580.
- Charles Z. Zheng, 2014. "Existence of Monotone Equilibria in First-Price Auctions with Resale," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20141, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Onur A. Koska & Frank Stähler, 2017. "When should bidders learn reserve prices?," ERC Working Papers 1712, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Oct 2017.
More about this item
KeywordseBay; auction demand estimation; iid bidder valuation; optimal reserve price; sealed-bid assumption;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:29:y:2010:i:6:p:994-997. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Matthew Walls (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.