Research Note ---A Dynamic View of the Impact of Network Structure on Technology Adoption: The Case of OSS Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Josh Lerner, 2005.
"The Scope of Open Source Licensing,"
The Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 20-56, April.
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2002. "The Scope of Open Source Licensing," NBER Working Papers 9363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2003. "The Scope of Open Source Licensing," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000140, David K. Levine.
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "The Scope of Open Source Licensing," IDEI Working Papers 219, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Akbar Zaheer & Geoffrey G. Bell, 2005. "Benefiting from network position: firm capabilities, structural holes, and performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9), pages 809-825, September.
- Wai Fong Boh & Sandra A. Slaughter & J. Alberto Espinosa, 2007. "Learning from Experience in Software Development: A Multilevel Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(8), pages 1315-1331, August.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Easy Estimation Methods for Discrete-Time Duration Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 129-138, February.
- Antonio Capaldo, 2007. "Network structure and innovation: The leveraging of a dual network as a distinctive relational capability," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(6), pages 585-608, June.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Xiaojun Zhang & Tracy A. Sykes, 2011. "“Doctors Do Too Little Technology”: A Longitudinal Field Study of an Electronic Healthcare System Implementation," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 523-546, September.
- Xin Xu & Viswanath Venkatesh & Kar Yan Tam & Se-Joon Hong, 2010. "Model of Migration and Use of Platforms: Role of Hierarchy, Current Generation, and Complementarities in Consumer Settings," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(8), pages 1304-1323, August.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-841, August.
- Simon Rodan & Charles Galunic, 2004. "More than network structure: how knowledge heterogeneity influences managerial performance and innovativeness," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(6), pages 541-562, June.
- Goolsbee, Austan & Klenow, Peter J, 2002.
"Evidence on Learning and Network Externalities in the Diffusion of Home Computers,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 317-343, October.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 1999. "Evidence on Learning and Network Externalities in the Diffusion of Home Computers," NBER Working Papers 7329, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebeca Méndez-Durón & Clara García, 2009. "Returns from social capital in open source software networks," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 277-295, April.
- Lionel P. Robert & Alan R. Dennis & Manju K. Ahuja, 2008. "Social Capital and Knowledge Integration in Digitally Enabled Teams," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 314-334, September.
- J. J. Po-An Hsieh & Arun Rai & Mark Keil, 2011. "Addressing Digital Inequality for the Socioeconomically Disadvantaged Through Government Initiatives: Forms of Capital That Affect ICT Utilization," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 233-253, June.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Martin Gargiulo & Mario Benassi, 2000. "Trapped in Your Own Net? Network Cohesion, Structural Holes, and the Adaptation of Social Capital," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 183-196, April.
- Rajdeep Grewal & Gary L. Lilien & Girish Mallapragada, 2006. "Location, Location, Location: How Network Embeddedness Affects Project Success in Open Source Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(7), pages 1043-1056, July.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Catherine Tucker, 2008. "Identifying Formal and Informal Influence in Technology Adoption with Network Externalities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(12), pages 2024-2038, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Xi & Shangguan, Wuyue & Liu, Yanchu & Wang, Shichao, 2021. "Can network structure predict cross-sectional stock returns? Evidence from co-attention networks in China," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jullien, Bruno & Pavan, Alessandro & Rysman, Marc, 2021.
"Two-sided Markets, Pricing, and Network Effects,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
16480, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Jullien & Alessandro Pavan & Marc Rysman, 2022. "Two-sided Markets, Pricing, and Network Effects," Working Papers hal-03629451, HAL.
- Jullien, Bruno & Pavan, Alessandro & Rysman, Marc, 2021. "Two-sided Markets, Pricing, and Network Effects," TSE Working Papers 21-1238, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Daniel Birke, 2009.
"The Economics Of Networks: A Survey Of The Empirical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 762-793, September.
- Daniel Birke, 2008. "The economics of networks - A survey of the empirical literature," Occasional Papers 22, Industrial Economics Division.
- Michael Weiler & Oliver Hinz, 2019. "Without each other, we have nothing: a state-of-the-art analysis on how to operationalize social capital," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 13(5), pages 1003-1035, November.
- Daniel Björkegren, 2022.
"Competition in network industries: Evidence from the Rwandan mobile phone network,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 53(1), pages 200-225, March.
- Daniel Bjorkegren, 2020. "Competition in Network Industries: Evidence from the Rwandan Mobile Phone Network," Working Papers 2020-04, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Netsanet Haile & Jörn Altmann, 2016.
"Structural analysis of value creation in software service platforms,"
Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 26(2), pages 129-142, May.
- Netsanet Haile & Jorn Altmann, 2015. "Structural Analysis of Value Creation in Software Service Platforms," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2015127, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2015.
- Arun Sundararajan & Foster Provost & Gal Oestreicher-Singer & Sinan Aral, 2013. "Research Commentary ---Information in Digital, Economic, and Social Networks," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 883-905, December.
- Kartik Kalaignanam & Tarun Kushwaha & Anand Nair, 2017. "The Product Quality Impact of Aligning Buyer-Supplier Network Structure and Product Architecture: an Empirical Investigation in the Automobile Industry," Customer Needs and Solutions, Springer;Institute for Sustainable Innovation and Growth (iSIG), vol. 4(1), pages 1-17, September.
- Hussinger, Katrin & Schwiebacher, Franz, 2013. "The value of disclosing IPR to open standard setting organizations," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-060, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Thorsten Koch & Josef Windsperger, 2017. "Seeing through the network: Competitive advantage in the digital economy," Journal of Organization Design, Springer;Organizational Design Community, vol. 6(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Ma, Xufei & Yao, Xiaotao & Xi, Youmin, 2009. "How do interorganizational and interpersonal networks affect a firm's strategic adaptive capability in a transition economy?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(11), pages 1087-1095, November.
- Stefano Colombo & Luca Grilli & Cristina Rossi-Lamastra, 2014. "Network Externalities, Incumbent’s Competitive Advantage and the Degree of Openness of Software Start-Ups," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 44(2), pages 175-200, August.
- Brunswicker, Sabine & Schecter, Aaron, 2019. "Coherence or flexibility? The paradox of change for developers’ digital innovation trajectory on open platforms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Sang Yoon Shin, 2019. "Network advantage’s effect on exit performance: examining venture capital’s inter-organizational networks," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 21-42, March.
- John Mayo & Scott Wallsten, 2011. "From Network Externalities to Broadband Growth Externalities: a Bridge not yet Built," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(2), pages 173-190, March.
- Guan, Jiancheng & Zhang, Jingjing & Yan, Yan, 2015. "The impact of multilevel networks on innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 545-559.
- Goldenberg, Jacob & Libai, Barak & Muller, Eitan, 2010. "The chilling effects of network externalities," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 4-15.
- Niam Yaraghi & Anna Ye Du & Raj Sharman & Ram D. Gopal & Ram Ramesh, 2015. "Health Information Exchange as a Multisided Platform: Adoption, Usage, and Practice Involvement in Service Co-Production," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Wang, Jing, 2012. "Survival factors for Free Open Source Software projects: A multi-stage perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 352-371.
- Fabio M. Manenti & Stefano Comino & Marialaura Parisi, 2005.
"From Planning to Mature: on the Determinants of Open Source Take-Off,"
0507006, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Sep 2005.
- Stefano Comino & Fabio Manenti & Marialaura Parisi, 2007. "From Planning to Mature: on the Determinants of Open Source Take-Off," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0035, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Stefano Comino & Fabio M. Manenti & Maria Laura Parisi, 2005. "From Planning to Mature: on the Determinants of Open Source Take Off," Department of Economics Working Papers 0517, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Kevin J. Boudreau & Andrei Hagiu, 2009.
"Platform Rules: Multi-Sided Platforms as Regulators,"
Chapters, in: Annabelle Gawer (ed.), Platforms, Markets and Innovation, chapter 7,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kevin J. Boudreau & Andrei Hagiu, 2008. "Platform Rules: Multi-Sided Platforms as Regulators," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-061, Harvard Business School.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology adoption; network structure; network centrality; network closure; dynamic view; software version control technology; open source software;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:orisre:v:24:y:2013:i:4:p:1087-1099. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Matthew Walls (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.