Information Overload and the Message Dynamics of Online Interaction Spaces: A Theoretical Model and Empirical Exploration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee Sproull & Sara Kiesler, 1986. "Reducing Social Context Cues: Electronic Mail in Organizational Communication," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(11), pages 1492-1512, November.
- Brian S. Butler, 2001. "Membership Size, Communication Activity, and Sustainability: A Resource-Based Model of Online Social Structures," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 12(4), pages 346-362, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jae Yun Moon & Lee S. Sproull, 2008. "The Role of Feedback in Managing the Internet-Based Volunteer Work Force," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 19(4), pages 494-515, December.
- Mehmet N. Aydin & N. Ziya Perdahci, 0. "Dynamic network analysis of online interactive platform," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-12.
- Richard B. Freeman & M. Marit Rehavi, 2009.
"Helping Workers Online and Offline: Innovations in Union and Worker Organization Using the Internet,"
NBER Chapters,in: Studies of Labor Market Intermediation, pages 273-306
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman & M. Marit Rehavi, 2008. "Helping Workers Online and Offline: Innovations in Union and Worker Organization Using the Internet," NBER Working Papers 13850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xiaoqing Wang & Brian S. Butler & Yuqing Ren, 2013. "The Impact of Membership Overlap on Growth: An Ecological Competition View of Online Groups," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 414-431, April.
- Lu (Lucy) Yan & Jianping Peng & Yong Tan, 2015. "Network Dynamics: How Can We Find Patients Like Us?," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 496-512, September.
- Bin Gu & Prabhudev Konana & Rajagopal Raghunathan & Hsuanwei Michelle Chen, 2014. "Research Note —The Allure of Homophily in Social Media: Evidence from Investor Responses on Virtual Communities," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 604-617, September.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:9:p:3185-:d:168081 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ivo Blohm & Christoph Riedl & Johann Füller & Jan Marco Leimeister, 2016. "Rate or Trade? Identifying Winning Ideas in Open Idea Sourcing," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 27-48, March.
- Cumiks Aleksejs & Romanovs Andrejs, 2012. "The Analysis and Modelling of Social Networks: Leader Identification and Information Dissemination," Information Technology and Management Science, Sciendo, vol. 15(1), pages 127-133, December.
- Bin Gu & Prabhudev Konana & Balaji Rajagopalan & Hsuan-Wei Michelle Chen, 2007. "Competition Among Virtual Communities and User Valuation: The Case of Investing-Related Communities," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 18(1), pages 68-85, March.
- Brian S. Butler & Xiaoqing Wang, 2012. "The Cross-Purposes of Cross-Posting: Boundary Reshaping Behavior in Online Discussion Communities," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(3-part-2), pages 993-1010, September.
- Samer Faraj & Steven L. Johnson, 2011. "Network Exchange Patterns in Online Communities," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(6), pages 1464-1480, December.
- Patrick J. Bateman & Peter H. Gray & Brian S. Butler, 2011. "Research Note ---The Impact of Community Commitment on Participation in Online Communities," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(4), pages 841-854, December.
- Tetyana Kuvita & Miroslav Karlíček, 2014. "The Risk of Vampire Effect in Advertisements Using Celebrity Endorsement," Central European Business Review, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(3), pages 16-22.
- Oliver Hinz & Martin Spann, 2008. "The Impact of Information Diffusion on Bidding Behavior in Secret Reserve Price Auctions," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 351-368, September.
- Mingfeng Lin & Henry C. Lucas & Galit Shmueli, 2013. "Research Commentary ---Too Big to Fail: Large Samples and the p -Value Problem," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 906-917, December.
More about this item
Keywordshuman-computer interaction; computer-mediated communication; computer supported cooperative work; virtual community; information overload; interaction coping strategies; message dynamics; online group discourse;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:orisre:v:15:y:2004:i:2:p:194-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.