The Effects of Housing Prices and Monetary Policy in a Currency Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie & Uribe, Martin, 2003.
"Closing small open economy models,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 163-185, October.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2001. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," Departmental Working Papers 200115, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2002. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," NBER Working Papers 9270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2002. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 3096, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oriol Aspachs-Bracons & Pau Rabanal, 2010. "The drivers of housing cycles in Spain," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 101-130, March.
- Darracq Pariès, Matthieu & Notarpietro, Alessandro, 2008. "Monetary policy and housing prices in an estimated DSGE for the US and the euro area," Working Paper Series 972, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johannes Gareis & Eric Mayer, 2017. "Heterogeneous Mortgage Markets: Implications for Business Cycles and Welfare in the EMU," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 18(2), pages 133-153, May.
- Maas, Daniel & Mayer, Eric & Rüth, Sebastian K., 2018.
"Current account dynamics and the housing cycle in Spain,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 22-43.
- Mayer, Eric & Maas, Daniel & Rüth, Sebastian, 2016. "Current Account Dynamics and the Housing Cycle in Spain," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145824, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Vittorio Peretti & Rangan Gupta & Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2012. "Do House Prices Impact Consumption and Interest Rate in South Africa? Evidence from a Time-Varying Vector Autoregressive Model," Working Papers 201216, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Funke, Michael & Paetz, Michael, 2013.
"Housing prices and the business cycle: An empirical application to Hong Kong,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 62-76.
- Michael Funke & Michael Paetz, 2011. "Housing Prices and the Business Cycle: An Empirical Application to Hong Kong," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 21112b, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Maas, Daniel & Mayer, Eric & Rüth, Sebastian, 2015. "Current account dynamics and the housing boom and bust cycle in Spain," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 94, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Hirsch, Patrick, 2019. "Heterogeneous rental markets in a DSGE model of the euro area," Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203633, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Cesa-Bianchi, Ambrogio, 2013.
"Housing cycles and macroeconomic fluctuations: A global perspective,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 215-238.
- Ambrogio Cesa-Bianchi, 2012. "Housing Cycles and Macroeconomic Fluctuations: A Global Perspective," Research Department Publications 4810, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cesa-Bianchi, Ambrogio, 2012. "Housing Cycles and Macroeconomic Fluctuations: A Global Perspective," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4085, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Rubio, Margarita & Carrasco-Gallego, José A., 2016. "Coordinating macroprudential policies within the Euro area: The case of Spain," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 570-582.
- Eric Mayer & Johannes Gareis, 2013.
"What Drives Ireland’s Housing Market? A Bayesian DSGE Approach,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 24(5), pages 919-961, November.
- Gareis, Johannes & Mayer, Eric, 2012. "What drives Ireland's housing market? A Bayesian DSGE approach," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 88, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Rangan Gupta & Manoel Bittencourt, 2013.
"The Impact of House Prices on Consumption in South Africa: Evidence from Provincial-Level Panel VARs,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(8), pages 1133-1154, November.
- Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Rangan Gupta & Manoel Bittencourt, 2012. "THE IMPACT OF HOUSE PRICES ON CONSUMPTION IN SOUTH AFRICA: EVIDENCE FROM PROVINCIAL-LEVEL PANEL VARs," Working Papers 201211, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Bofinger, Peter & Debes, Sebastian & Gareis, Johannes & Mayer, Eric, 2013.
"Monetary policy transmission in a model with animal spirits and house price booms and busts,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 2862-2881.
- Bofinger, Peter & Debes, Sebastian & Gareis, Johannes & Mayer, Eric, 2012. "Monetary Policy Transmission in a Model with Animal Spirits and House Price Booms and Busts," CEPR Discussion Papers 8804, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessandro Notarpietro & Stefano Siviero, 2015.
"Optimal Monetary Policy Rules and House Prices: The Role of Financial Frictions,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(S1), pages 383-410, March.
- Alessandro Notarpietro & Stefano Siviero, 2014. "Optimal monetary policy rules and house prices: the role of financial frictions," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 993, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Helge Berger & Thomas Dowling & Sergi Lanau & Mico Mrkaic & Pau Rabanal & Marzie Taheri Sanjani, 2015. "Steady as She Goes—Estimating Potential Output During Financial “Booms and Busts”," IMF Working Papers 15/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Mitsuhiro OKANO & Daisuke IDA & Shigeto KITANO & Yoichi MATSUBAYASHI, 2015. "Development of a Regional DSGE Model in Japan: Empirical Evidence of Economic Stagnation in the Kansai Economy," APIR Discussion Paper Series 1004265, Asia Pacific Institute of Research.
- Brzoza-Brzezina, Michał & Makarski, Krzysztof & Wesołowski, Grzegorz, 2014.
"Would it have paid to be in the eurozone?,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 66-79.
- Michał Brzoza-Brzezina & Krzysztof Makarski & Grzegorz Wesołowski, 2012. "Would it have paid to be in the eurozone?," NBP Working Papers 128, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Michal Brzoza-Brzezina & Krzysztof Makarski & Grzegorz Wesolowski, 2013. "Would it have paid to be in the eurozone?," Working Papers 70, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- Rosenberg, Signe, 2019. "The effects of conventional and unconventional monetary policy on house prices in the Scandinavian countries," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C).
- Nocera, Andrea & Roma, Moreno, 2017. "House prices and monetary policy in the euro area: evidence from structural VARs," Working Paper Series 2073, European Central Bank.
- Signe Rosenberg, 2018. "The Effects of Conventional and Unconventional Monetary Policy on House Prices in the Scandinavian Countries," TUT Economic Research Series 44, Department of Finance and Economics, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Cerutti, Eugenio & Dagher, Jihad & Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni, 2017.
"Housing finance and real-estate booms: A cross-country perspective,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-13.
- Eugenio M Cerutti & Jihad Dagher & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, 2015. "Housing Finance and Real-Estate Booms; A Cross-Country Perspective," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 2015/012, International Monetary Fund.
- Clancy, Daragh & Merola, Rossana, 2017.
"Countercyclical capital rules for small open economies,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(PB), pages 332-351.
- Daragh Clancy & Rossana Merola, 2016. "Countercyclical capital rules for small open economies," Working Papers 10, European Stability Mechanism.
- Emanuel Kohlscheen & Aaron Mehrotra & Dubravko Mihaljek, 2018. "Residential investment and economic activity: evidence from the past five decades," BIS Working Papers 726, Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijc:ijcjou:y:2011:q:1:a:11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bank for International Settlements). General contact details of provider: https://www.ijcb.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.