Immiserizing Growth in a Developing Economy Export Enclave
Using a general equilibrium model of a protected developing economy, we demonstrate that imperfect labor mobility may eliminate the possibility of immiserizing growth from foreign investment in an export enclave by allowing job creation to countervail losses in tariff revenue.
Volume (Year): 3 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 100 Wenhwa Road, Seatwen, Taichung|
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhao, Yaohui, 1999. "Labor Migration and Earnings Differences: The Case of Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 767-782, July.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Diaz Alejandro, Carlos F., 1977. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 317-322, November.
- Marjit, Sugata & Broll, Udo & Mitra, Sandip, 1997. "Targeting Sectors for Foreign Capital Inflow in a Small Developing Economy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 101-106, February.
- Dehejia, Vivek H. & Weichenrieder, Alfons J., 2001.
"Tariff jumping foreign investment and capital taxation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 223-230, February.
- Vivek Dehejia & Alfons Weichenrieder, 2000. "Tariff Jumping Foreign Investment and Capital Taxation," CESifo Working Paper Series 260, CESifo Group Munich.
- Zhao, Yaohui, 2001. "Foreign direct investment and relative wages: The case of China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 40-57. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:3:y:2004:i:3:p:217-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.