Bank efficiency and share prices in China: empirical evidence from a three-stage banking model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri & Sufian, Fadzlan, 2008. "Bank Efficiency and Share Prices in China: Empirical Evidence from a Three-Stage Banking Model," MPRA Paper 12120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Apr 2008.
References listed on IDEAS
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & James M. Griffin & Alain Pirotte, 2003.
"Homogeneous, heterogeneous or shrinkage estimators? Some empirical evidence from French regional gasoline consumption,"
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 795-811, November.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & James M. Griffin & Alain Pirotte, 2002. "Homogeneous, heterogeneous or shrinkage estimators? Some empirical evidence from French regional gasoline consumption," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A6-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Joshua Kirkwood & Daehoon Nahm, 2006.
"Australian Banking Efficiency and Its Relation to Stock Returns,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(258), pages 253-267, September.
- Joshua Kirkwood & Daehoon Nahm, 2005. "Australian Banking Efficiency and its Relation to Stock Returns," Research Papers 0508, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Drake, Leigh & Hall, Maximilian J. B., 2003. "Efficiency in Japanese banking: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 891-917, May.
- Chu, Sing Fat & Lim, Guan Hua, 1998. "Share performance and profit efficiency of banks in an oligopolistic market: evidence from Singapore," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 155-168, September.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Belarmino Adenso-Díaz & Fernando Gascón, "undated". "Linking and Weighting Efficiency Estimates with Stock Performance in Banking Firms," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-21, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & Gary D. Ferrier & Simon H. Kwan, 1999. "The informativeness of stochastic frontier and programming frontier efficiency scores: Cost efficiency and other measures of bank holding company performance," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 99-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Fotios Pasiouras & Aggeliki Liadaki & Constantin Zopounidis, 2008. "Bank efficiency and share performance: evidence from Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(14), pages 1121-1130.
- Robert Webb, 2003. "Levels of efficiency in UK retail banks: a DEA window analysis," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 305-322.
- Tulkens, Henry & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1995.
"Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 474-499, February.
- TULKENS, Henry & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Non-Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data : Methodological Aspects," CORE Discussion Papers 1993016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tulkens, H. & Vanden Eeckaut, P., 1995. "Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1132, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fu, Xiaoqing (Maggie) & Heffernan, Shelagh, 2007. "Cost X-efficiency in China's banking sector," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 35-53.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "Bank ownership and efficiency in China: What will happen in the world's largest nation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 113-130, January.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Noulas, Athanasios G., 1996. "The technical efficiency of large bank production," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 495-509, April.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mehdian, Seyed, 1992. "Productive efficiency performance of minority and nonminority-owned banks: A nonparametric approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 933-948, September.
- Ariff, Mohamed & Can, Luc, 2008. "Cost and profit efficiency of Chinese banks: A non-parametric analysis," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 260-273, June.
- George J. Benston, 1965. "Branch Banking And Economies Of Scale," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 312-331, May.
- Elena Beccalli & Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone, 2006. "Efficiency and Stock Performance in European Banking," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1-2), pages 245-262.
- Chen, Xiaogang & Skully, Michael & Brown, Kym, 2005. "Banking efficiency in China: Application of DEA to pre- and post-deregulation eras: 1993-2000," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 229-245.
- anonymous, 2007. "China's banking sector," Asia Focus, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Shujie Yao & Chunxia Jiang & Genfu Feng & Dirk Willenbockel, 2007. "WTO challenges and efficiency of Chinese banks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 629-643.
- Sealey, Calvin W, Jr & Lindley, James T, 1977. "Inputs, Outputs, and a Theory of Production and Cost at Depository Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1251-1266, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chrysovalantis Gaganis & Fotios Pasiouras, 2009. "Efficiency in the Greek Banking Industry: A Comparison of Foreign and Domestic Banks," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 221-237.
- Fu, Xiaoqing (Maggie) & Lin, Yongjia (Rebecca) & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank efficiency and shareholder value in Asia Pacific," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 200-222.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:90-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abhilash Nair & Vinod R, 2015. "Determinants of allocative, scale and scope efficiencies of Indian banks," Working papers 177, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
More about this item
Keywordsbank efficiency; share prices; data envelopment analysis; DEA window analysis; China; banking models.;
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijcome:v:1:y:2009:i:1:p:23-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darren Simpson). General contact details of provider: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID==311 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.