Levels of efficiency in UK retail banks: a DEA window analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Drake, L & Howcroft, B, 1994. "Relative efficiency in the branch network of a UK bank: An empirical study," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 83-90, January.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Leigh Drake, 2001. "Efficiency and productivity change in UK banking," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 557-571.
- Piyu Yue, 1992. "Data envelopment analysis and commercial bank performance: a primer with applications to Missouri banks," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 31-45.
- Rangan, Nanda & Grabowski, Richard & Aly, Hassan Y. & Pasurka, Carl, 1988. "The technical efficiency of US banks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 169-175.
- Golany, B & Roll, Y, 1989. "An application procedure for DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 237-250.
- Gardener Edward & Howcroft Barry & Williams Jonathan, 1999. "The New Retail Banking Revolution," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 83-100, April.
- Altunbas, Y. & Gardener, E. P. M. & Molyneux, P. & Moore, B., 2001. "Efficiency in European banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1931-1955, December.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- R J Colwell & E P Davis, 1992. "Output, Productivity and Externalities - the Case of Banking," Bank of England working papers 3, Bank of England.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Hartman, Thomas E. & Storbeck, James E., 1996. "Input congestion in loan operations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 413-421, December.
- J.K. Ashton, 2001. "Cost Efficiency Characteristics of British Retail Banks," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 159-174, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2011. "Oil consumption and economic efficiency: A comparative analysis of advanced, developing and emerging economies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1354-1362, May.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muhamed Zulkhibri Abdul Majid, 2009.
"Bank efficiency and share prices in China: empirical evidence from a three-stage banking model,"
International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 23-47.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri & Sufian, Fadzlan, 2008. "Bank Efficiency and Share Prices in China: Empirical Evidence from a Three-Stage Banking Model," MPRA Paper 12120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei & Yuan, Jia-Hai & Gao, Xiao-Jun, 2011. "Total-factor energy efficiency in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 644-650, February.
- Du, Huibin & Matisoff, Daniel C. & Wang, Yangyang & Liu, Xi, 2016. "Understanding drivers of energy efficiency changes in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1196-1206.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2009. "Economic efficiency and growth in the EU enlargement," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 847-862, November.
- Wahidudin, Ahmad Nazri, 2010. "Technical Efficiency of Commercial Banks in Malaysia: An Application of Window Data Envelopment Analysis," MPRA Paper 45136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arazmuradov, Annageldy, 2011. "Energy consumption and carbon dioxide environmental efficiency for former Soviet Union economies. evidence from DEA window analysis," MPRA Paper 36903, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Feb 2012.
- Georgios D. Papagiannis, 2014. "Measurement of Efficiency in Greek Banking Industries in The Light of the Financial Crisis," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1), pages 19-38.
- Amir Moradi-Motlagh & Ali Salman Saleh, 2014. "Re-Examining the Technical Efficiency of Australian Banks: A Bootstrap DEA Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1-2), pages 112-128, June.
- Trofimov, Ivan D. & Md. Aris, Nazaria & Ying Ying, Jovena Kho, 2018. "Determinants of Commercial Banks' Profitability in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 85598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrigo Gómez Monge, 2012. "El sector bancario en México, los depósitos a plazo y las cuentas de ahorro: un análisis de eficiencia durante el periodo de internacionalización a través de la envolvente de datos (dea)," Revista Ciencias Estratégicas, Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, June.
- repec:taf:applec:v:48:y:2016:i:54:p:5276-5291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Wei-Kang & Lu, Wen-Min & Kweh, Qian Long & Lai, Hsiao-Wen, 2014. "Does corporate social responsibility influence the corporate performance of the U.S. telecommunications industry?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 580-591.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:266:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-018-2797-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Webb & Cormac Bryce & Duncan Watson, 2010. "The effect of building society demutualisation on levels of efficiency at large UK commercial banks," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 333-355, November.
- Halkos, George Emm. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2009. "Exploring the existence of Kuznets curve in countries' environmental efficiency using DEA window analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2168-2176, May.
More about this item
KeywordsUK Banking; Efficiency; DEA; Window Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ijecbs:v:10:y:2003:i:3:p:305-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIJB20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.