Attitudes towards e-Bookkeeping in Turkey: Initial Research
Accounting profession has evolved and with the use of computer technology, many concepts related to accounting have emerged. This study considers one of such, e-bookkeeping, and uncovers the attitudes of accounting professionals towards e-bookkeeping practice in Turkey. An important point is that this practice has not gone into effect at the time this study is prepared, thus these attitudes are preliminary. The results yield that accounting professionals’ attitudes depend on five factors and these attitudes change solely according to the size of business.
Volume (Year): 4 (2014)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Toomas Haldma & Kertu Laats, 2002. "Influencing Contingencies On Management Accounting Practices In Estonian Manufacturing Companies," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 13, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Watts, Ross L., 2001. "The relevance of the value-relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 3-75, September.
- R. Pathak & Gurmeet Singh & Rakesh Belwal & R. Smith, 2007. "E-governance and Corruption-developments and Issues in Ethiopia," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-208, September.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1977. "A Modern Theorist's Vindication of Adam Smith," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 42-49, February.
- Andersen, Thomas Barnebeck, 2009. "E-Government as an anti-corruption strategy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 201-210, August.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hur:ijaraf:v:4:y:2014:i:1:p:52-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.