Quantifying a Financially Sustainable Strategy of Public Transport: Private Capital Investment Considering Passenger Value
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stef Proost & Fay Dunkerley & Saskia Loo & Nicole Adler & Johannes Bröcker & Artem Korzhenevych, 2014.
"Do the selected Trans European transport investments pass the cost benefit test?,"
Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 107-132, January.
- Stef PROOST & Fay DUNKERLEY & Saskia VAN DER LOO & Nicole ADLER & Johannes BRÖCKER & Artem KORZHENEVYCH, 2010. "Do the selected Trans European transport investments pass the Cost Benefit test?," Working Papers Department of Economics ces10.02, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Ignacio De Los Ríos-Carmenado & Mauricio Ortuño & María Rivera, 2016. "Private–Public Partnership as a Tool to Promote Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development: WWP Torrearte Experience," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-19, February.
- Percoco, Marco, 2014. "Quality of institutions and private participation in transport infrastructure investment: Evidence from developing countries," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 50-58.
- Wolfgang Ulaga & Samir Chacour, 2001. "Measuring Customer-Perceived Value in Business Markets: A Prerequisite for Marketing Strategy Development and Implementation," Post-Print hal-00485109, HAL.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, August.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:199:d:64363 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Zheng, 2014. "Financing new metros—The Beijing metro financing sustainability study," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 148-155.
- Marcel Paulssen & Dirk Temme & Akshay Vij & Joan Walker, 2014. "Values, attitudes and travel behavior: a hierarchical latent variable mixed logit model of travel mode choice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 873-888, July.
- Sergio Jara-Díaz & Antonio Gschwender & Meisy Ortega, 2014. "The impact of a financial constraint on the spatial structure of public transport services," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 21-36, January.
- Clifford Winston, 2000. "Government Failure in Urban Transportation," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 403-425, December.
- Matsunaka, Ryoji & Oba, Tetsuharu & Nakagawa, Dai & Nagao, Motoya & Nawrocki, Justin, 2013. "International comparison of the relationship between urban structure and the service level of urban public transportation—A comprehensive analysis in local cities in Japan, France and Germany," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 26-39.
- Verhoef, Peter C. & Lemon, Katherine N., 2013. "Successful customer value management: Key lessons and emerging trends," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-15.
- Yang, Hai & Yan Kong, Hoi & Meng, Qiang, 2001. "Value-of-time distributions and competitive bus services," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 411-424, December.
- Benoît Colson & Patrice Marcotte & Gilles Savard, 2007. "An overview of bilevel optimization," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 235-256, September.
- Gerpott, Torsten J. & Rams, Wolfgang & Schindler, Andreas, 2001. "Customer retention, loyalty, and satisfaction in the German mobile cellular telecommunications market," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 249-269, May.
- Yang, Hai & Bell, Michael G. H., 2001. "Transport bilevel programming problems: recent methodological advances," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-4, January.
- Niek Mouter & Jan Annema & Bert Wee, 2015. "Managing the insolvable limitations of cost-benefit analysis: results of an interview based study," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 277-302, March.
- Wong, W. G. & Han, B. M. & Ferreira, L. & Zhu, X. N. & Sun, Q. X., 2002. "Evaluation of management strategies for the operation of high-speed railways in China," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 277-289, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:-:d:64363 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guohui Zhang & Zhong Wang & Khali Persad & C. Walton, 2014. "Enhanced traffic information dissemination to facilitate toll road utilization: a nested logit model of a stated preference survey in Texas," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 231-249, March.
- Costa, Álvaro & Fernandes, Ruben, 2012. "Urban public transport in Europe: Technology diffusion and market organisation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 269-284.
- Chou, Jui-Sheng & Yeh, Chun-Pin, 2013. "Influential constructs, mediating effects, and moderating effects on operations performance of high speed rail from passenger perspective," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 207-219.
More about this item
Keywordspublic transport; financial sustainability; passenger value; public-private partnerships; bi-level programming; travel mode choice;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:2:p:269-:d:90366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.