A Summary on the Special Issue “Sustainability of Groundwater”
One of the most common denominators for almost any form of life is the existential need for water. This need has recently received much attention in the frame of sustainability discussions [1,2]. In addition, environmental sustainability and safe access to fresh water is one of the eight United Nation’s millennium development goals, and ultimately most conditions of life rely on water. Expected higher water demands for irrigation, industrial and household purposes outline the need for more investment in freshwater characterization and quantification. In addition, factors including climate change, large-scale reservoirs, re-channelling of streams, expansion of urban centres as well as chemical and microbial loading need to be taken into account. [...]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aadil Nabi & Adrian H. Gallardo & Shakeel Ahmed, 2011. "Optimization of a Groundwater Monitoring Network for a Sustainable Development of the Maheshwaram Catchment, India," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 396-409, February.
- Mario Schirmer & Horst Niemes, 2010. "Sustainable Technologies and Social Costs for Eliminating Contamination of an Aquifer," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(7), pages 2219-2231, July.
- Alexandra Lutz & James M. Thomas & Mamadou Keita, 2010. "Effects of Population Growth and Climate Variability on Sustainable Groundwater in Mali, West Africa," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 21-34, December.
- Stephen E. Silliman & Brian I. Borum & Moussa Boukari & Nicaise Yalo & Salifou Orou-Pete & Daniel McInnis & Chrstyn Fertenbaugh & Andrew D. Mullen, 2010. "Issues of Sustainability of Coastal Groundwater Resources: Benin, West Africa," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(8), pages 2652-2675, August.
- Jac Van der Gun & Annukka Lipponen, 2010. "Reconciling Groundwater Storage Depletion Due to Pumping with Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(11), pages 3418-3435, November.
- James Roumasset & Christopher Wada, 2010.
"Optimal and Sustainable Groundwater Extraction,"
201009, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:3:y:2011:i:10:p:1792-1795:d:14264. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.