Sustainable Economic Growth and FDI Inflow: A Comparative Panel Econometric Analysis of Low-Income and Middle-Income Nations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ștefan Cristian Gherghina & Liliana Nicoleta Simionescu & Oana Simona Hudea, 2019. "Exploring Foreign Direct Investment–Economic Growth Nexus—Empirical Evidence from Central and Eastern European Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(19), pages 1-33, September.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Md Reza Sultanuzzaman & Hongzhong Fan & Mahamud Akash & Banban Wang & Uddin Sarker Md Shakij, 2018. "The role of FDI inflows and export on economic growth in Sri Lanka: An ARDL approach," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1518116-151, January.
- Nahla Samargandi & Mohammed A. Alghfais & Hadeel M. AlHuthail, 2022. "Factors in Saudi FDI Inflow," SAGE Open, , vol. 12(1), pages 21582440211, January.
- Zahra Zamani & Seyed Komail Tayebi, 2022. "Spillover effects of trade and foreign direct investment on economic growth: an implication for sustainable development," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 3967-3981, March.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-1271, November.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Working papers 185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hong Hiep Hoang & Michaël Goujon, 2018. "Determinants of Intra-Region and Extra-Region Foreign Direct Investment Inflow in ASEAN: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," Post-Print hal-01918889, HAL.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Fayyaz Ahmad & Muhammad Umar Draz & Su-Chang Yang, 2018. "Causality nexus of exports, FDI and economic growth of the ASEAN5 economies: evidence from panel data analysis," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 685-700, August.
- Mounir Belloumi & Atef Alshehry, 2018. "The Impacts of Domestic and Foreign Direct Investments on Economic Growth in Saudi Arabia," Economies, MDPI, vol. 6(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Polyxeni, Kechagia & Theodore, Metaxas, 2019. "An empirical investigation of FDI inflows in developing economies: Terrorism as a determinant factor," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 20(C).
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Neha Saini & Monica Singhania, 2018. "Determinants of FDI in developed and developing countries: a quantitative analysis using GMM," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 45(2), pages 348-382, May.
- Udi Joshua & David Babatunde & Samuel Asumadu Sarkodie, 2021. "Sustaining Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Do FDI Inflows and External Debt Count?," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(4), pages 1-13, March.
- Mohammad Anamul Haque & Zhang Biqiong & Muhammad Usman Arshad, 2022. "Sources of Financial Development and Their Impact on FDI Inflow: A Panel Data Analysis of Middle-Income Economies," Economies, MDPI, vol. 10(8), pages 1-18, July.
- Jingxia Chai & Yu Hao & Haitao Wu & Yuemiao Yang, 2021. "Do constraints created by economic growth targets benefit sustainable development? Evidence from China," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(8), pages 4188-4205, December.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alena Vagaská & Miroslav Gombár & Antonín Korauš, 2022. "Mathematical Modeling and Nonlinear Optimization in Determining the Minimum Risk of Legalization of Income from Criminal Activities in the Context of EU Member Countries," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 10(24), pages 1-25, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Igor Kotlán & Zuzana Machová, 2012. "Vliv zdanění korporací na ekonomický růst: selhání daňové kvóty? [The Influence of Corporate Taxation on Economic Growth: The Failure of Tax Quota?]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2012(6), pages 743-763.
- Uzma Zia, 2019. "An Evidence of Diverging SAARC Economies," PIDE-Working Papers 2019:170, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Mohd Shahidan Shaari & Muhamad Huzaifah Asbullah & Noorazeela Zainol Abidin & Zulkefly Abdul Karim & Benjamin Nangle, 2023. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in ASEAN+3 Countries: The Role of Environmental Degradation," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 20(3), pages 1-14, January.
- Fayyaz Ahmad & Muhammad Umar Draz & Lijuan Su & Ilhan Ozturk & Abdul Rauf & Shahid Ali, 2019. "Impact of FDI Inflows on Poverty Reduction in the ASEAN and SAARC Economies," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(9), pages 1-24, May.
- Rajesh Sharma & Pradeep Kautish & D. Suresh Kumar, 2021. "Assessing Dynamism of Crude Oil Demand in Middle-Income Countries of South Asia: A Panel Data Investigation," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 22(1), pages 169-183, February.
- Rubi Ahmad & Oyebola Fatima Etudaiye-Muhtar & Bolaji Tunde Matemilola & Amin Noordin Bany-Ariffin, 2016. "Financial market development, global financial crisis and economic growth: evidence from developing nations," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 15(3), pages 199-214, December.
- Nghiem, Son & Tran, Bach & Afoakwah, Clifford & Byrnes, Joshua & Scuffham, Paul, 2021. "Wealthy, healthy and green: Are we there yet?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 147(C).
- Salah Eddine SARI HASSOUN & Abdelkader SAHED & Khayereddine Salim ADDA & Asma Hadjira SEBBANE, 2020. "Not a long ago, the agriculture sector was the main pillar of any economy in the world. It not only provides food production, but it participates to the expansion of the economic growth as well. In th," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(623), S), pages 301-324, Summer.
- Rajesh Sharma & Pradeep Kautish, 2020. "Linkages between Financial Development and Economic Growth in the Middle-Income Countries of South Asia: A Panel Data Investigation," Vision, , vol. 24(2), pages 140-150, June.
- Cristiana Tudor & Robert Sova, 2021. "On the Impact of GDP per Capita, Carbon Intensity and Innovation for Renewable Energy Consumption: Worldwide Evidence," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(19), pages 1-25, October.
- Hajamini, Mehdi & Falahi, Mohammad Ali, 2018. "Economic growth and government size in developed European countries: A panel threshold approach," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-13.
- Paula Neto & António Brandão & António Cerqueira, 2008. "The Impact of FDI, Cross Border Mergers and Acquisitions and Greenfield Investments on Economic Growth," FEP Working Papers 291, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Zahra Sheidaei & Mohammadnabi Shahiki Tash, 2014. "The Cumulative Effect of Human Capital on Economic Growth: Using Panel Data Method," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 17(52), pages 95-115, June.
- Yassin Elshain Yahia & Haiyun Liu & Abdalla Sirag & Sayyed Sadaqat Hussain Shah, 2020. "The Impacts of Intra-Trade on Industrialization: Evidence from COMESA," Asian Development Policy Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 8(2), pages 75-101, June.
- Diby François Kassi & Dilesha Nawadali Rathnayake & Pierre Axel Louembe & Ning Ding, 2019. "Market Risk and Financial Performance of Non-Financial Companies Listed on the Moroccan Stock Exchange," Risks, MDPI, vol. 7(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Issam Khelfaoui & Yuantao Xie & Muhammad Hafeez & Danish Ahmed & Houssem Eddine Degha & Hicham Meskher, 2022. "Information Communication Technology and Infant Mortality in Low-Income Countries: Empirical Study Using Panel Data Models," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(12), pages 1-24, June.
- Viviana A. Alfonso-Corredor & Enrique Montes-Uribe & María A. Prieto-Sánchez & Héctor M. Zárate-Solano, 2019. "Determinantes y evolución de los precios y cantidades de las principales exportaciones agrícolas de Colombia diferentes al café," Borradores de Economia 1100, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- João Leitão & João Capucho, 2021. "Institutional, Economic, and Socio-Economic Determinants of the Entrepreneurial Activity of Nations," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-32, March.
- Ibrahim Bozkurt & Engin Akman, 2016. "Financial Integration into EU: The Romanian Case," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 18(42), pages 269-269, May.
- Ijirshar, Victor Ushahemba & Andohol, Jerome, 2022. "Investment-growth nexus in West Africa: An assessment of whether fragility matter," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 1-17.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable economic growth; FDI inflow; trade openness; real growth; inflation; exchange rate;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:14:y:2022:i:21:p:14321-:d:960955. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.