Social Capital and Sustainable Innovation in Small Businesses: Investigating the Role of Absorptive Capacity, Marketing Capability and Organizational Learning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James G. March, 1991. "Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Akbar Zaheer & Geoffrey G. Bell, 2005. "Benefiting from network position: firm capabilities, structural holes, and performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9), pages 809-825, September.
- David J. Teece & Gary Pisano & Amy Shuen, 1997. "Dynamic capabilities and strategic management," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(7), pages 509-533, August.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Stam, Wouter & Arzlanian, Souren & Elfring, Tom, 2014. "Social capital of entrepreneurs and small firm performance: A meta-analysis of contextual and methodological moderators," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 152-173.
- Douglas W. Vorhies & Robert E. Morgan & Chad W. Autry, 2009. "Product‐market strategy and the marketing capabilities of the firm: impact on market effectiveness and cash flow performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(12), pages 1310-1334, December.
- Antonella Martini & Paolo Neirotti & Francesco Paolo Appio, 2017. "Knowledge Searching, Integrating and Performing: Always a Tuned Trio for Innovation?," Post-Print halshs-02292295, HAL.
- Jeffrey G. Covin & Dennis P. Slevin, 1989. "Strategic management of small firms in hostile and benign environments," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 75-87, January.
- Masaaki Kotabe & K. Scott Swan, 1995. "The role of strategic alliances in high‐technology new product development," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(8), pages 621-636.
- Phanish Puranam & Harbir Singh & Saikat Chaudhuri, 2009. "Integrating Acquired Capabilities: When Structural Integration Is (Un)necessary," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(2), pages 313-328, April.
- Henk W. Volberda & Nicolai J. Foss & Marjorie A. Lyles, 2010. "PERSPECTIVE---Absorbing the Concept of Absorptive Capacity: How to Realize Its Potential in the Organization Field," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 931-951, August.
- David J. Teece, 2007. "Explicating dynamic capabilities: the nature and microfoundations of (sustainable) enterprise performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(13), pages 1319-1350, December.
- Constance E. Helfat & Margaret A. Peteraf, 2003. "The dynamic resource‐based view: capability lifecycles," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(10), pages 997-1010, October.
- Maureen Blyler & Russell W. Coff, 2003. "Dynamic capabilities, social capital, and rent appropriation: ties that split pies," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7), pages 677-686, July.
- Ren Ze & Zhan Kun & Francis Boadu & Liu Yu, 2018. "The Effects of Boundary-Spanning Search, Network Ties, and Absorptive Capacity for Innovation: A Moderated Mediation Examination," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-18, October.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2005. "Managing Potential and Realized Absorptive Capacity: How do Organizational Antecedents matter?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-025-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aldona Glińska-Neweś & Joanna Górka, 2020. "Capabilities of Corporate Volunteering in Strengthening Social Capital," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-11, September.
- Batara Surya & Firman Menne & Hernita Sabhan & Seri Suriani & Herminawaty Abubakar & Muhammad Idris, 2021. "Economic Growth, Increasing Productivity of SMEs, and Open Innovation," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-37, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lin, Hsing-Er & Hsu, I-Chieh & Hsu, Audrey Wenhsin & Chung, Hsi-Mei, 2020. "Creating competitive advantages: Interactions between ambidextrous diversification strategy and contextual factors from a dynamic capability perspective," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 154(C).
- Ferreira, Jorge & Coelho, Arnaldo & Moutinho, Luiz, 2020. "Dynamic capabilities, creativity and innovation capability and their impact on competitive advantage and firm performance: The moderating role of entrepreneurial orientation," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 92.
- Lin, Canchu & Kunnathur, Anand, 2019. "Strategic orientations, developmental culture, and big data capability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 49-60.
- Quan Anh Nguyen & Gillian Sullivan Mort, 0. "Conceptualising organisational-level and microfoundational capabilities: an integrated view of born-globals’ internationalisation," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-23.
- Lan Li & Gang Li & Fu-Sheng Tsai & Hsiu-Yu Lee & Chien-Hsing Lee, 2019. "The Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility on Service Innovation Performance: The Role of Dynamic Capability for Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-20, May.
- Camisón, César & Forés, Beatriz, 2011. "Knowledge creation and absorptive capacity: The effect of intra-district shared competences," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 66-86, March.
- Stavroula Spyropoulou & Constantine S. Katsikeas & Dionysis Skarmeas & Neil A. Morgan, 2018. "Strategic goal accomplishment in export ventures: the role of capabilities, knowledge, and environment," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 109-129, January.
- Sahi, Gurjeet Kaur & Gupta, Mahesh C. & Cheng, T.C.E., 2020. "The effects of strategic orientation on operational ambidexterity: A study of indian SMEs in the industry 4.0 era," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 220(C).
- Jorge Ferreira & Sofia Cardim & Arnaldo Coelho, 0. "Dynamic Capabilities and Mediating Effects of Innovation on the Competitive Advantage and Firm’s Performance: the Moderating Role of Organizational Learning Capability," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 0, pages 1-25.
- Alfredo De Massis & Josip Kotlar & Mike Wright & Franz W. Kellermanns, 2018. "Sector-Based Entrepreneurial Capabilities and the Promise of Sector Studies in Entrepreneurship," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 42(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Majumdar, Sumit K., 2016. "R&D and the overseas earnings of Indian firms," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 104-111.
- Michele N. Medina & Indu Ramachandran & Joshua J. Daspit, 2019. "Collaboration Or Clash? Mapping The Effects Of Top Management Team Conflict On Firm Absorptive Capacity," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(03), pages 1-29, April.
- Maria Chiara Di Guardo & Kathryn Rudie Harrigan & Elona Marku, 2019. "M&A and diversification strategies: what effect on quality of inventive activity?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 23(3), pages 669-692, September.
- Carlo Salvato & Roberto Vassolo, 2018. "The sources of dynamism in dynamic capabilities," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 1728-1752, June.
- Busch, Timo, 2011. "Organizational adaptation to disruptions in the natural environment: The case of climate change," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 389-404.
- Montserrat Boronat-Navarro & Alexandra García-Joerger, 2019. "Ambidexterity, Alliances and Environmental Management System Adoption in Spanish Hotels," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-16, October.
- Buccieri, Dominic & Javalgi, Raj G. & Cavusgil, Erin, 2020. "International new venture performance: Role of international entrepreneurial culture, ambidextrous innovation, and dynamic marketing capabilities," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2).
- Eungdo Kim & InGyu Lee & Hongbum Kim & Kwangsoo Shin, 2021. "Factors Affecting Outbound Open Innovation Performance in Bio-Pharmaceutical Industry-Focus on Out-Licensing Deals," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-17, April.
- Shufeng Simon Xiao & Yong Kyu Lew & Byung Il Park, 0. "International Network Searching, Learning, and Explorative Capability: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises from China," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-25.
- Emre Yildiz, H. & Murtic, Adis & Klofsten, Magnus & Zander, Udo & RichtnÃ©r, Anders, 2021. "Individual and contextual determinants of innovation performance: A micro-foundations perspective," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
More about this item
Keywordssocial capital; new product development; dynamic capabilities; small business; sustainability;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:9:p:3759-:d:354387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.