The Potential for Integration of Wind and Tidal Power in New Zealand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Green, Richard & Vasilakos, Nicholas, 2011.
"The economics of offshore wind,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 496-502, February.
- Richard Green & Nicholas Vasilakos, 2010. "The Economics of Offshire Wind," Discussion Papers 10-20, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Esteban, M. Dolores & Diez, J. Javier & López, Jose S. & Negro, Vicente, 2011. "Why offshore wind energy?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 444-450.
- Himri, Y. & Rehman, S. & Draoui, B. & Himri, S., 2008. "Wind power potential assessment for three locations in Algeria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 2495-2504, December.
- Sinha, Sunanda & Chandel, S.S., 2014. "Review of software tools for hybrid renewable energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 192-205.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- João Paulo N. Torres & Ana Sofia De Jesus & Ricardo A. Marques Lameirinhas, 2022. "How to Improve an Offshore Wind Station," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(13), pages 1-20, July.
- Navid Majdi Nasab & Jeff Kilby & Leila Bakhtiaryfard, 2021. "Case Study of a Hybrid Wind and Tidal Turbines System with a Microgrid for Power Supply to a Remote Off-Grid Community in New Zealand," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(12), pages 1-21, June.
- Serigne Ousmane Samb & Nicolas Bernard & Mohamed Fouad Benkhoris & Huu Kien Bui, 2022. "Design Optimization of a Direct-Drive Electrically Excited Synchronous Generator for Tidal Wave Energy," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(9), pages 1-21, April.
- Mohanasundaram Anthony & Valsalal Prasad & Kannadasan Raju & Mohammed H. Alsharif & Zong Woo Geem & Junhee Hong, 2020. "Design of Rotor Blades for Vertical Axis Wind Turbine with Wind Flow Modifier for Low Wind Profile Areas," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(19), pages 1-26, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sun, Xiaojing & Huang, Diangui & Wu, Guoqing, 2012. "The current state of offshore wind energy technology development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 298-312.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kapsali, M., 2013. "Shifting towards offshore wind energy—Recent activity and future development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 136-148.
- Qin, Chao & Innes-Wimsatt, Elijah & Loth, Eric, 2016. "Hydraulic-electric hybrid wind turbines: Tower mass saving and energy storage capacity," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 69-79.
- Li, Jiale & Yu, Xiong (Bill), 2018. "Onshore and offshore wind energy potential assessment near Lake Erie shoreline: A spatial and temporal analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 1092-1107.
- Mani, Swaminathan & Dhingra, Tarun, 2013. "Policies to accelerate the growth of offshore wind energy sector in India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 473-482.
- Prässler, Thomas & Schaechtele, Jan, 2012. "Comparison of the financial attractiveness among prospective offshore wind parks in selected European countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 86-101.
- Mahdy, Mostafa & Bahaj, AbuBakr S., 2018. "Multi criteria decision analysis for offshore wind energy potential in Egypt," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 278-289.
- Mani, Swaminathan & Dhingra, Tarun, 2013. "Critique of offshore wind energy policies of the UK and Germany—What are the lessons for India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 900-909.
- Qin, Chao & Saunders, Gordon & Loth, Eric, 2017. "Offshore wind energy storage concept for cost-of-rated-power savings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 201(C), pages 148-157.
- Amirinia, Gholamreza & Mafi, Somayeh & Mazaheri, Said, 2017. "Offshore wind resource assessment of Persian Gulf using uncertainty analysis and GIS," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 915-929.
- Adedipe, Oyewole & Brennan, Feargal & Kolios, Athanasios, 2016. "Review of corrosion fatigue in offshore structures: Present status and challenges in the offshore wind sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 141-154.
- Gao, Xiaoxia & Yang, Hongxing & Lu, Lin, 2014. "Study on offshore wind power potential and wind farm optimization in Hong Kong," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 519-531.
- Jaszczur, Marek & Hassan, Qusay & Palej, Patryk & Abdulateef, Jasim, 2020. "Multi-Objective optimisation of a micro-grid hybrid power system for household application," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 202(C).
- Fadi Kahwash & Basel Barakat & Ahmad Taha & Qammer H. Abbasi & Muhammad Ali Imran, 2021. "Optimising Electrical Power Supply Sustainability Using a Grid-Connected Hybrid Renewable Energy System—An NHS Hospital Case Study," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(21), pages 1-23, October.
- Astariz, S. & Iglesias, G., 2016. "Output power smoothing and reduced downtime period by combined wind and wave energy farms," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 69-81.
- Luengo, Jorge & Negro, Vicente & García-Barba, Javier & López-Gutiérrez, José-Santos & Esteban, M. Dolores, 2019. "New detected uncertainties in the design of foundations for offshore Wind Turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 667-677.
- Rubio-Domingo, G. & Linares, P., 2021. "The future investment costs of offshore wind: An estimation based on auction results," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
- Ren, Guorui & Wan, Jie & Liu, Jinfu & Yu, Daren, 2019. "Characterization of wind resource in China from a new perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 994-1010.
- Al Busaidi, Ahmed Said & Kazem, Hussein A & Al-Badi, Abdullah H & Farooq Khan, Mohammad, 2016. "A review of optimum sizing of hybrid PV–Wind renewable energy systems in oman," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 185-193.
- Batas Bjelic, Ilija & Ciric, Rade M., 2014. "Optimal distributed generation planning at a local level – A review of Serbian renewable energy development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 79-86.
More about this item
KeywordsSiemens SWT 3.6-107 wind turbine; AR2000 tidal turbine; Kaipara harbor;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:5:p:1807-:d:326220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.