China’s Belt and Road Initiative: A Global Model for an Evolving Approach to Sustainable Regional Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sheppard, Eric, 2016. "Limits to Globalization: The Disruptive Geographies of Capitalist Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199681167.
- Kerry Brown, 2018. "The Belt and Road: Security Dimensions," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 213-222, September.
- Petra Vujakovic, 2010. "How to Measure Globalisation? A New Globalisation Index (NGI)," FIW Working Paper series 046, FIW.
- Mike Callaghan & Paul Hubbard, 2016. "The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank : Multilateralism on the Silk Road," Development Economics Working Papers 25355, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Axel Dreher, 2006.
"Does globalization affect growth? Evidence from a new index of globalization,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1091-1110.
- Axel Dreher, 2005. "Does Globalization Affect Growth? Evidence from a new Index of Globalization," TWI Research Paper Series 6, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Mike Callaghan & Paul Hubbard, 2016. "The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank : Multilateralism on the Silk Road," Finance Working Papers 25355, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Overholt, William H., 2016. "China and the evolution of the world economy," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 267-271.
- Sarmiza Pencea, 2017. "A look into the Complexities of the One Belt, One Road Strategy," Global Economic Observer, "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences;Institute for World Economy of the Romanian Academy, vol. 5(1), June.
- Jin, Xingye & Li, David Daokui & Wu, Shuyu, 2016. "How will China shape the world economy?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 272-280.
- Ramon Pacheco Pardo, 2018. "Europe’s financial security and Chinese economic statecraft: the case of the Belt and Road Initiative," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Huang, Yiping, 2016. "Understanding China's Belt & Road Initiative: Motivation, framework and assessment," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 314-321.
- Boffa,Mauro, 2018. "Trade linkages between the belt and road economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8423, The World Bank.
- Mike Callaghan & Paul Hubbard, 2016. "The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank : Multilateralism on the Silk Road," Macroeconomics Working Papers 25355, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yanzhe Zhang & Xiao Yu & Jian Zhang & Bowen Zou, 2020. "Evaluation of the Obstacles to Developing the Aynak Copper Mine in Afghanistan," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(4), pages 1-13, February.
- Mingchun Cao & Ilan Alon, 2020. "Intellectual Structure of the Belt and Road Initiative Research: A Scientometric Analysis and Suggestions for a Future Research Agenda," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(17), pages 1-40, August.
- Hongxing Cao & Huirong Zhan & Yuan Wang & Ziyao Wei, 2021. "Sino-Bulgarian Economic Relations in the Post Pandemic World," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 2, pages 177-196, July.
- Aislu Taisarinova & Giuseppe Loprencipe & Madina Junussova, 2020. "The Evolution of the Kazakhstani Silk Road Section from a Transport into a Logistics Corridor and the Economic Sustainability of Regional Development in Central Asia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(15), pages 1-20, August.
- Yuan Chang & Xinguo Ming & Xianyu Zhang & Tongtong Zhou & Xiaoqiang Liao & Sijia Cao, 2021. "Servitization and Sustainable Value Creation Strategy for China’s Manufacturing Industry: A Multiple Case Study in the Belt and Road Initiative," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(20), pages 1-28, October.
- Katarzyna Mazur-Kajta & Leszek Karczewski, 2020. "Polish Perceptions of the Belt Road Initiative Research among Managers in Opole Voivodeship," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special 1), pages 833-847.
- Chunyang Pan & William X. Wei & Etayankara Muralidharan & Jia Liao & Bernadette Andreosso-O’Callaghan, 2020. "Does China’s Outward Direct Investment Improve the Institutional Quality of the Belt and Road Countries?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Xiaochang Chen & Xiaojun Liu & Wei Yu & Anran Tan & Chang Fu & Zongfu Mao, 2019. "Association between Cross-Cultural Social Adaptation and Overseas Life Satisfaction among Chinese Medical Aid Team Members (CMATMs) in Africa," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 16(9), pages 1-11, May.
- Koffi Dumor & Komlan Gbongli, 2021. "Trade impacts of the New Silk Road in Africa: Insight from Neural Networks Analysis," Theory Methodology Practice (TMP), Faculty of Economics, University of Miskolc, vol. 17(02), pages 13-26.
- Zunaira Khadim & Irem Batool & Muhammad Bilal Lodhi, 2021. "China–Pakistan Economic Corridor, Logistics Developments and Economic Growth in Pakistan," Logistics, MDPI, vol. 5(2), pages 1-15, June.
- Ullah, Atta & Pinglu, Chen & Ullah, Saif & Qaisar, Zahid Hussain & Qian, Ningyu, 2022. "The dynamic nexus of E-Government, and sustainable development: Moderating role of multi-dimensional regional integration index in Belt and Road partner countries," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Chunjiao Yu & Ren Zhang & Lian An & Zhixing Yu, 2020. "Has China’s Belt and Road Initiative Intensified Bilateral Trade Links between China and the Involved Countries?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(17), pages 1-19, August.
- Yu Zhang & Le Su & Warren Jin & Yunan Yang, 2022. "The Impact of Globalization on Renewable Energy Development in the Countries along the Belt and Road Based on the Moderating Effect of the Digital Economy," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(10), pages 1-18, May.
- Degong Ma & Chun Lei & Farid Ullah & Raza Ullah & Qadar Bakhsh Baloch, 2019. "China’s One Belt and One Road Initiative and Outward Chinese Foreign Direct Investment in Europe," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(24), pages 1-13, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ayse Kaya & Byungwon Woo, 2022. "China and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB): Chinese Influence Over Membership Shares?," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 781-813, October.
- Lauren A. Johnston, 2019. "The Belt and Road Initiative: What is in it for China?," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 40-58, January.
- Parvaneh Sobhani & Hassan Esmaeilzadeh & Seyed Mohammad Moein Sadeghi & Isabelle D. Wolf & Azade Deljouei, 2022. "Relationship Analysis of Local Community Participation in Sustainable Ecotourism Development in Protected Areas, Iran," Land, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-16, October.
- Kaya, Ayse & Kilby, Christopher & Kay, Jonathan, 2021. "Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank as an instrument for Chinese influence? Supplementary versus remedial multilateralism," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 145(C).
- Silvia Menegazzi, 2017. "Global Economic Governance between China and the EU: the case of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 229-242, June.
- Xiu-Mei Fu & Shan-Shan Jiang & Na Wang & Shi-Qi Wang & Chang-Yun Wang, 2018. "The Research on International Development Path of China’s Marine Biopharmaceutical Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-17, February.
- Weiqiang Lin & Qi Ai, 2020. "‘Aerial Silk Roads’: Airport Infrastructures in China's Belt and Road Initiative," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 51(4), pages 1123-1145, July.
- Gu, Jing & Renwick, Neil & Xue, Lan, 2018. "The BRICS and Africa's search for green growth, clean energy and sustainable development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 675-683.
- Margot Schüller & Jan Peter Wogart, 2017. "The emergence of post-crisis regional financial institutions in Asia—with a little help from Europe," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 483-501, December.
- Robert J. Hanlon, 2017. "Thinking about the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank: Can a China-Led Development Bank Improve Sustainability in Asia?," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 541-554, September.
- Peter Drysdale & Adam Triggs & Jiao Wang, 2017. "China's New Role in the International Financial Architecture," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 12(2), pages 258-277, July.
- Osman TEKİR & Nesrin DEMİR, 2018. "The Impact of the New Silk Road Project on the Global System as an Economic and Political Instrument," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 26(38).
- Hongying Wang, 2019. "The New Development Bank and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank: China's Ambiguous Approach to Global Financial Governance," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 50(1), pages 221-244, January.
- Jelena M. Andrić & Jiayuan Wang & Ruoyu Zhong, 2019. "Identifying the Critical Risks in Railway Projects Based on Fuzzy and Sensitivity Analysis: A Case Study of Belt and Road Projects," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(5), pages 1-18, March.
- Damoah, Kaku Attah & Giovannetti, Giorgia & Marvasi, Enrico, 2022.
"Do country centrality and similarity to China matter in the allocation of belt and road projects?,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 660-674.
- Kaku Attah Damoah, & Giorgia Giovannetti & Enrico Marvasi, 2021. "Do Country Centrality and Similarity to China matter in the Allocation of Belt and Road Projects?," Working Papers - Economics wp2021_03.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Savina Gygli & Florian Haelg & Niklas Potrafke & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2019.
"The KOF Globalisation Index – revisited,"
The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 543-574, September.
- Savina Gygli & Florian Haelg & Niklas Potrafke & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2018. "The KOF Globalisation Index - Revisited," CESifo Working Paper Series 7430, CESifo.
- Gygli, Savina & Haelg, Florian & Potrafke, Niklas & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2019. "The KOF Globalisation Index - revisited," Munich Reprints in Economics 78252, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati & Yuanxin Li & Samuel Brazys & Alexander Dukalskis, 2019. "Building Bridges or Breaking Bonds? The Belt and Road Initiative and Foreign Aid Competition," Working Papers 201906, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Soponaru Camelia & Bobalca Claudia & Oana Tugulea (Ciobanu), 2013. "Globalization Perspectives In Post-Communist Romania," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 213-218, August.
- Sudhanshu K. MISHRA, 2017.
"Measuring degree of globalization of African Countries on almost equimarginal contribution principle,"
Journal of Economics Bibliography, KSP Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 345-353, December.
- Mishra, SK, 2017. "Measuring Degree of Globalization of African Countries on Almost Equimarginal Contribution Principle," MPRA Paper 82614, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudius Gräbner & Philipp Heimberger & Jakob Kapeller & Florian Springholz, 2021. "Understanding economic openness: a review of existing measures," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 157(1), pages 87-120, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBelt and Road Initiative; shared development; shared future; shared globalization;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:11:p:4234-:d:183373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.