In Search of the “Good Life”: The Appeal of the Tiny House Lifestyle in the USA
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonard-Barton, Dorothy, 1981. "Voluntary Simplicity Lifestyles and Energy Conservation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 243-252, December.
- Leonardo Nicolao & Julie R. Irwin & Joseph K. Goodman, 2009. "Happiness for Sale: Do Experiential Purchases Make Consumers Happier than Material Purchases?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 188-198.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chelsey Willoughby & Severin Mangold & Toralf Zschau, 2020. "Small Houses, Big Community: Tiny Housers’ Desire for More Cohesive and Collaborative Communities," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-33, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yi-Ching Hsieh & Hung-Chang Chiu & Yun-Chia Tang & Wei-Yun Lin, 2018. "Does Raising Value Co-creation Increase All Customers’ Happiness?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 152(4), pages 1053-1067, November.
- Nieves García-de-Frutos & José Manuel Ortega-Egea & Javier Martínez-del-Río, 2018. "Anti-consumption for Environmental Sustainability: Conceptualization, Review, and Multilevel Research Directions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 148(2), pages 411-435, March.
- Bastos, Wilson, 2020. "“Speaking of Purchases”: How Conversational Potential Determines Consumers' Willingness to Exert Effort for Experiential Versus Material Purchases," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-16.
- Michael J. Dorsch & Kjell Y. Törnblom & Ali Kazemi, 2017. "A Review of Resource Theories and Their Implications for Understanding Consumer Behavior," Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 5-25.
- Ruut Veenhoven & Felicia Chiperi & Xin Kang & Martijn Burger, 2021. "Happiness and Consumption: A Research Synthesis Using an Online Finding Archive* â€," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(1), pages 21582440209, March.
- Barbara Seegebarth & Mathias Peyer & Ingo Balderjahn & Klaus-Peter Wiedmann, 2016. "The Sustainability Roots of Anticonsumption Lifestyles and Initial Insights Regarding Their Effects on Consumers' Well-Being," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 68-99, March.
- Santana, Shelle & Thomas, Manoj & Morwitz, Vicki G., 2020. "The Role of Numbers in the Customer Journey," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 138-154.
- Sirgy, M. Joseph & Lee, Dong-Jin & Yu, Grace B. & Gurel-Atay, Eda & Tidwell, John & Ekici, Ahmet, 2016. "Self-expressiveness in shopping," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 292-299.
- Dias, José António & Dias, José G. & Lages, Carmen, 2017. "Can negative characters in soap operas be positive for product placement?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 125-132.
- Sardianou, Eleni, 2007. "Estimating energy conservation patterns of Greek households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3778-3791, July.
- Jessica Osikominu & Nancy Bocken, 2020. "A Voluntary Simplicity Lifestyle: Values, Adoption, Practices and Effects," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-30, March.
- Dawit, Woubishet, 2009. "Fuel Efficient Technology Adoption in Ethiopia: Evidence from Improved “Mirt” Stove Technology: a Case in Selected Kebeles from “Adea” Wereda," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 17(2), pages 107-107, August.
- Donald R. Lehmann & Jeffrey R. Parker, 2017. "Disadoption," AMS Review, Springer;Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 7(1), pages 36-51, June.
- Moldes, Olaya & Banerjee, Robin & Easterbrook, Matthew J. & Harris, Peter R. & Dittmar, Helga, 2019. "Identity changes and well-being gains of spending money on material and experiential consumer products," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 229-244.
- Kreuzer, Maria & Mühlbacher, Hans & von Wallpach, Sylvia, 2018. "Home in the re-making: Immigrants' transcultural experiencing of home," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 334-341.
- Grace B. Yu & Dong-Jin Lee & M. Joseph Sirgy & Michael Bosnjak, 2020. "Household Income, Satisfaction with Standard of Living, and Subjective Well-Being. The Moderating Role of Happiness Materialism," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 21(8), pages 2851-2872, December.
- Bastos, Wilson & Barsade, Sigal G., 2020. "A new look at employee happiness: How employees’ perceptions of a job as offering experiences versus objects to customers influence job-related happiness," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 176-187.
- Kokkoris, Michail D. & Hoelzl, Erik & Kamleitner, Bernadette, 2020. "Self-found, spellbound: The sense of own discovery shapes customer bonds with service venues," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 303-316.
- Davis, Andrew, 2017. "It wasn't me, it was my festival me: The effect of event stimuli on attendee identity formation," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 484-500.
- Kilbourne, William & Pickett, Gregory, 2008. "How materialism affects environmental beliefs, concern, and environmentally responsible behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 885-893, September.
More about this item
Keywordstiny house; lifestyle; movement;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jscscx:v:8:y:2019:i:1:p:26-:d:198541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.