Remarks on Bank Competition and Convergence Dynamics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Subal Kumbhakar & Sjur Baardsen & Gudbrand Lien, 2012. "A New Method for Estimating Market Power with an Application to Norwegian Sawmilling," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(2), pages 109-129, March.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Emir Malikov & Subal C. Kumbhakar & Mike G. Tsionas, 2016.
"A Cost System Approach to the Stochastic Directional Technology Distance Function with Undesirable Outputs: The Case of us Banks in 2001–2010,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(7), pages 1407-1429, November.
- Malikov, Emir & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Tsionas, Efthymios, 2015. "A Cost System Approach to the Stochastic Directional Technology Distance Function with Undesirable Outputs: The Case of U.S. Banks in 2001-2010," MPRA Paper 66490, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Karadima & Helen Louri, 2020. "Bank Competition and Credit Risk in Euro Area Banking: Fragmentation and Convergence Dynamics," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(3), pages 1-28, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Karadima & Helen Louri, 2020. "Reply to “Remarks on Bank Competition and Convergence Dynamics”," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-6, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014.
"Investigating the Influence of Firm Characteristics on the Ability to Exercise Market Power - A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach with an Application to the Iron Ore Market,"
EWI Working Papers
2014-17, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014. "Investigating the influence of firm characteristics on the ability to exercise market power: A stochastic frontier analysis approach with an application to the iron ore market," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-105, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Maria Karadima & Helen Louri, 2019. "Non-performing loans in the euro area: does market power matter?," Working Papers 271, Bank of Greece.
- Orea, Luis, 2019. "The Econometric Measurement of Firms’ Efficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2019/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Mike G. Tsionas, 2017. "“When, Where, and How” of Efficiency Estimation: Improved Procedures for Stochastic Frontier Modeling," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 112(519), pages 948-965, July.
- Cechur, Lukas & Hockmann, Heinrich & Levkovych, Inna, 2015. "Do the EU food processors abuse Oligopsony market power?," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212043, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Robert Germeshausen & Timo Panke & Heike Wetzel, 2020. "Firm characteristics and the ability to exercise market power: empirical evidence from the iron ore market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 58(5), pages 2223-2247, May.
- Maria Karadima & Helen Louri, 2020. "Bank competition and credit risk in the Euro area, 2005-2017: Is there evidence of convergence?," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 155, European Institute, LSE.
- Paulo Roberto Scalco & Benjamin M. Tabak & Anderson Mutter Teixeira, 2019. "The Dark Side of Prudential Measures," Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Curso de Ciencias Economicas da UFG 078, Curso de Ciencias Economicas da Universidade Federal de Goias - FACE.
- Simar, Léopold & Wilson, Paul, 2021. "Nonparametric, Stochastic Frontier Models with Multiple Inputs and Outputs," LIDAM Discussion Papers ISBA 2021003, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA).
- Čechura, Lukáš & Žáková Kroupová, Zdeňka & Hockmann, H., 2015. "Market Power in the European Dairy Industry," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 7(4), pages 1-9, December.
- Fernández, Xosé Luís & Paz-Saavedra, David & Coto-Millán, Pablo, 2020. "The impact of Brexit on bank efficiency: Evidence from UK and Ireland," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(C).
- Joseph P. Hughes & Julapa Jagtiani & Loretta J. Mester, 2016.
"Is Bigger Necessarily Better in Community Banking?,"
Working Papers (Old Series)
1615, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Julapa Jagtiani & Loretta J. Mester, 2016. "Is Bigger Necessarily Better in Community Banking?," Departmental Working Papers 201604, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Julapa Jagtiani & Loretta J. Mester, 2016. "Is Bigger Necessarily Better in Community Banking?," Working Papers 16-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Hughes, Joseph P. & Jagtiani, Julapa & Mester, Loretta J., 2016. "Is Bigger Necessarily Better in Community Banking?," Working Papers 17-03, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Trigo Gamarra, Lucinda, 2008. "The effects of liberalization and deregulation on the performance of financial institutions: The case of the German life insurance market," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 93, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Lozano-Vivas, Ana, 2002.
"Organizational Form and Expense Preference: Spanish Experience,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 135-150, April.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Ana Lozano, 1999. "Organizational Form and Expense Preference: Spanish Experience," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-068, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Coelli, Tim J., 1995.
"Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 1-27, December.
- Tim J. Coelli, 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 219-245, December.
- Coelli, T. J., 1995. "Recent Developments in Frontier Modelling and Efficiency Measurement," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148798, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Richard A. Hofler & John A. List, 2004.
"Valuation on the Frontier: Calibrating Actual and Hypothetical Statements of Value,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 213-221.
- Richard Hofler & John List, 2004. "Valuation on the frontier: Calibrating actual and hypothetical statements of value," Framed Field Experiments 00159, The Field Experiments Website.
- Daniel Solís & Boris E. Bravo‐Ureta & Ricardo E. Quiroga, 2009. "Technical Efficiency among Peasant Farmers Participating in Natural Resource Management Programmes in Central America," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 202-219, February.
- Holtkamp, A.M. & Brummer, B., 2018. "Environmental efficiency of smallholder rubber production," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277518, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Maria Isabel Pisa & Rosario Sánchez, 2018. "Un análisis regional de las empresas manufactureras españolas para el periodo 2004-2009: Un patrón Noroeste/Suroeste," Revista de Estudios Regionales, Universidades Públicas de Andalucía, vol. 3, pages 221-241.
- Koetter Michael, 2008. "An Assessment of Bank Merger Success in Germany," German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 232-264, May.
More about this item
Keywordsbank competition; lerner index; stochastic frontier models;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jjrfmx:v:13:y:2020:i:5:p:101-:d:360173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.