Is saving too low in the United States?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael J. Boskin & Marc Robinson & Alan Huber, 1989. "Government Saving, Capital Formation, and Wealth in the United States, 1947-85," NBER Chapters,in: The Measurement of Saving, Investment, and Wealth, pages 287-356 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Alan Aschauer, 1989. "Public investment and productivity growth in the Group of Seven," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Sep, pages 17-25.
- Robert N. McCauley & Steven A. Zimmer, 1989. "Explaining international differences in the cost of capital," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sum, pages 7-28.
- Mincer, Jacob & Higuchi, Yoshio, 1988. "Wage structures and labor turnover in the United States and Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 97-133, June.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Irving B. Kravis, 1987. "Is the U.S. a Spendthrift Nation?," NBER Working Papers 2274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John A. Tatom, 1989. "U.S. investment in the 1980s: the real story," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 3-15.
- Dale Jorgenson & Barbara M. Fraumeni, 1989. "The Accumulation of Human and Nonhuman Capital, 1948-84," NBER Chapters,in: The Measurement of Saving, Investment, and Wealth, pages 227-286 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1990. "The Catch-Up Factor in Postwar Economic Growth," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William E. Cullison, 1990. "Measures of saving as indicators of economic growth," Working Paper 90-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Keith M. Carlson, 1991. "The U.S. balance sheet: what is it and what does it tell us?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 3-18.
More about this item
KeywordsSaving and investment ; Consumer behavior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrer:y:1990:i:may:p:20-35:n:v.76no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.