For better and for worse: three lending relationships
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Preece, Dianna & Mullineaux, Donald J., 1996. "Monitoring, loan renegotiability, and firm value: The role of lending syndicates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 577-593, April.
- Slovin, Myron B. & Young, John E., 1990. "Bank lending and initial public offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 729-740, October.
- Bhattacharya Sudipto & Thakor Anjan V., 1993. "Contemporary Banking Theory," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 2-50, October.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1995. "Relationship Lending and Lines of Credit in Small Firm Finance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 351-381, July.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995.
"The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-443.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," NBER Working Papers 4921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James, Christopher, 1996. " Bank Debt Restructurings and the Composition of Exchange Offers in Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 711-727, June.
- Leonard I. Nakamura, 1993. "Recent research in commercial banking: information and lending," Working Papers 93-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Loretta J. Mester, 1992. "Banking and commerce: a dangerous liaison?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 17-29.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- James, Christopher & Wier, Peggy, 1990. "Borrowing relationships, intermediation, and the cost of issuing public securities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 149-171.
- Billett, Matthew T & Flannery, Mark J & Garfinkel, Jon A, 1995. " The Effect of Lender Identity on a Borrowing Firm's Equity Return," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 699-718, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & White, Lawrence J., 1998.
"De novo banks and lending to small businesses: An empirical analysis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 851-867, August.
- Lawrence G. Goldberg & Lawrence J. White, 1997. "De Novo Banks and Lending to Small Businesses: An Empirical Analysis," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-039, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Mitchell Berlin, 2000. "Why don't banks take stock?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 3-15.
- Berlin, Mitchell & Mester, Loretta J, 1999. "Deposits and Relationship Lending," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(3), pages 579-607.
- Ginés Hernández-Cánovas & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2010. "Relationship lending and SME financing in the continental European bank-based system," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 465-482, May.
- Longhofer, Stanley D. & Santos, Joao A. C., 2000.
"The Importance of Bank Seniority for Relationship Lending,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 57-89, January.
- Stanley D. Longhofer & João A.C. Santos, 1998. "The importance of bank seniority for relationship lending," Working Paper 9808, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- João A. C. Santos & Stanley D. Longhofer, 1998. "The importance of bank seniority for relationship lending," BIS Working Papers 58, Bank for International Settlements.
- Stanley D. Longhofer & João A. C. Santos, 1999. "The importance of bank seniority for relationship lending," Proceedings 620, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002.
"Bank-Firm Relationships and International Banking Markets,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 401-417.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Bank-firm relationships and international banking markets," Other publications TiSEM fbb391d2-a9f9-4b49-a0f5-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 1999. "An Engine of Growth: Real Bills and Schumpeterian Banking in Antebellum New York," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 278-302, July.
- Wei-Huei Hsu & Abdullah Mamun & Lawrence C. Rose, 2010. "Lead bank quality and adverse rating announcements," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 340-357, October.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 1998. "Deposits and Relationship Lending Review of Financial Studies," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "What's the point of credit scoring?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Sep, pages 3-16.
- Bharath, Sreedhar & Dahiya, Sandeep & Saunders, Anthony & Srinivasan, Anand, 2007. "So what do I get? The bank's view of lending relationships," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 368-419, August.
- Jose Maria Liberti, 2004. "Initiative, Incentives and Soft Information. How Does Delegation Impact The Role of Bank Relationship Managers?," Finance 0404023, EconWPA.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpbr:y:1996:i:nov:p:3-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.