Why don't banks take stock?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994.
"A Theory of Debt and Equity: Diversity of Securities and Manager-Shareholder Congruence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1027-1054.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "A theory of debt and equity: diversity of securities and manager-shareholder congruence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9593, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Langohr, Herwig & Santomero, Anthony M, 1985. "The Extent of Equity Investment by European Banks: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 243-252, May.
- Erik Berglöf & Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 1994. "Short-Term versus Long-Term Interests: Capital Structure with Multiple Investors," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1055-1084.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 2000.
"Optimal financial contracts for large investors: the role of lender liability,"
00-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 2000. "Optimal Financial Contracts for Large Investors: The Role of Lender Liability," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- W. Carl Kester, 1991. "Japanese Corporate Governance And The Conservation Of Value In Financial Distress," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 4(2), pages 98-105.
- Sheard, Paul, 1989. "The main bank system and corporate monitoring and control in Japan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-422, May.
- Mitchell Berlin, 1996. "For better and for worse: three lending relationships," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 3-12.
- James, Christopher, 1996. " Bank Debt Restructurings and the Composition of Exchange Offers in Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 711-727, June.
- Berlin, Mitchell & John, Kose & Saunders, Anthony, 1996.
"Bank Equity Stakes in Borrowing Firms and Financial Distress,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 889-919.
- Mitchell Berlin & Kose John & Anthony Saunders, 1995. "Bank equity stakes in borrowing firms and financial distress," Working Papers 96-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Loretta J. Mester, 1992. "Banking and commerce: a dangerous liaison?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue May, pages 17-29.
- Billett, Matthew T & Flannery, Mark J & Garfinkel, Jon A, 1995. " The Effect of Lender Identity on a Borrowing Firm's Equity Return," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 699-718, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurent Vilanova, 2002. "Risque juridique et rôle des banques dans le gouvernement des entreprises," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 5(4), pages 137-175, December.
- Roman Inderst & Holger M. Mueller, 2006. "Informed Lending and Security Design," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2137-2162, October.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpbr:y:2000:i:may:p:3-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.