The consolidation of European stock exchanges
With the growing appeal of cross-border trading in Europe, efforts are under way to establish consolidated exchanges that offer trading in stocks from many European countries. An analysis of these evolving pan-European exchanges suggests that consolidation could reduce the costs and complications of cross-border trading through such enhancements as a standardization of trading platforms. Yet regulatory, legal, and economic barriers to the creation of these exchanges may delay any benefits of consolidation.
Volume (Year): 8 (2002)
Issue (Month): Jun ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 33 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10045-0001|
Web page: http://www.newyorkfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Pagano, 1989.
"Trading Volume and Asset Liquidity,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 255-274.
- Pagano, Marco, 1986. "Trading Volume and Asset Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 142, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James Banks & Tanner, Tanner, 2000. "Household portfolios in the UK," IFS Working Papers W00/14, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Karen K. Lewis, 1999. "Trying to Explain Home Bias in Equities and Consumption," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 571-608, June.
- James J. McAndrews & Chris Stefanadis, 2000. "The emergence of electronic communications networks in the U.S. equity markets," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 6(Oct).
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia L & Steeley, James M, 1999. "Changes in the Comovement of European Equity Markets," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(3), pages 473-488, July.
- Tom Arnold & Philip Hersch & J. Harold Mulherin & Jeffry Netter, 1999. "Merging Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 1083-1107, 06. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)