Does U. S. money growth determine money growth in other nations?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1982. "Currency Substitution and Instability in the World Dollar Standard," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 320-333, June.
- Wahlroos, Bjorn, 1985. " Money and Prices in a Small Economy," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 605-624.
- Sheehan, Richard G., 1983. "Money-income causality: Results for six countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 473-494.
- Cuddington, John T, 1981. "Money, Income, and Causality in the United Kingdom: An Empirical Reexamination," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(3), pages 342-351, August.
- Feige, Edgar L & Johannes, James M, 1982. "Was the United States Responsible for Worldwide Inflation under the Regime of Fixed Exchange Rates?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 263-277.
- Heller, H Robert, 1978. "Determinants of Exchange Rate Practices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 308-321, August.
- William Schwert, G., 1979. "Tests of causality : The message in the innovations," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 55-96, January.
- Laidler, David, 1977. "Inflation -- alternative explanations and policies : Tests on data drawn from six countries: A reply to Rasche," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 479-481, October.
- Pearce, Douglas K., 1983. "The transmission of inflation between the United States and Canada: An empirical analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 265-279.
- Geoffrey E. Wood & Terence C. Mills, 1978. "Money-income relationships and the exchange rate regime," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Aug, pages 22-27.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-552, September.
- McKinnon, Ronald I, et al, 1984. "International Influences on the U.S. Economy: Summary of an Exchange," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1132-1134, December.
- Frenkel, Jacob A & Mussa, Michael L, 1981. "Monetary and Fiscal Policies in an Open Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 253-258, May.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy ; Foreign exchange rates ; Money supply;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1987:i:jan:p:5-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Oates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.