What should banks be allowed to do?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas M. Hoenig & Charles S. Morris, 2013.
"Restructuring the Banking System to Improve Safety and Soundness,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Viral V Acharya & Thorsten Beck & Douglas D Evanoff & George G Kaufman & Richard Portes (ed.), The Social Value of the Financial Sector Too Big to Fail or Just Too Big?, chapter 21, pages 401-425,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Morris, Charles & Hoenig, Thomas, 2011. "Restructuring the Banking System to Improve Safety and Soundness," MPRA Paper 47614, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2012.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Luttrell & Harvey Rosenblum & Jackson Thies, 2012. "Understanding the risks inherent in shadow banking: a primer and practical lessons learned," Staff Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Nov.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Oliviero, Tommaso & Shin, Hyun Song, 2020.
"Low price-to-book ratios and bank dividend payout policies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
15615, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Tommaso Oliviero & Tommaso Hyun Song Shin, 2020. "Low price-to-book ratios and bank dividend payout policies," BIS Working Papers 907, Bank for International Settlements.
- Dion Bongaerts & K. J. Martijn Cremers & William N. Goetzmann, 2012.
"Tiebreaker: Certification and Multiple Credit Ratings,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(1), pages 113-152, February.
- Dion Bongaerts & Martijn Cremers & William Goetzmann, 2008. "Tiebreaker: Certification and Multiple Credit Ratings," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2394, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Dion Bongaerts & K.J. Martijn Cremers & William N. Goetzmann, 2009. "Tiebreaker: Certification and Multiple Credit Ratings," NBER Working Papers 15331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2009.
"Bank Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: Causes, Consequences, and Recent Trends,"
Springer Books, in: Alberto Zazzaro & Michele Fratianni & Pietro Alessandrini (ed.), The Changing Geography of Banking and Finance, edition 1, chapter 0, pages 155-183,
- Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2008. "Bank Cross-Border Merger and Acquisitions (Causes, consequences and recent trends)," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp08048, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2008. "Bank cross-border mergers and acquisitions (Causes, consequences and recent trends)," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 9, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Gorton, Gary & Huang, Lixin, 2006.
"Bank panics and the endogeneity of central banking,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1613-1629, October.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Bank Panics and the Endogeneity of Central Banking," NBER Working Papers 9102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Bank Panics and the Endogeneity of Central Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Morten Balling, 2011. "Asymmetries in Financial Information, Risk and Know-how: The Roles of Disclosure Rules, Financial Safety Nets and Market Discipline," Chapters, in: Christopher J. Green & Eric J. Pentecost & Tom Weyman-Jones (ed.), The Financial Crisis and the Regulation of Finance, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ricci, Ornella, 2015. "The impact of monetary policy announcements on the stock price of large European banks during the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 245-255.
- Benjamin M. Blau & Todd G. Griffith & Ryan J. Whitby, 2020. "Opacity and the comovement in the stock prices of banks," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 60(4), pages 3557-3580, December.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, Mahendrarajah, 2013. "The 2007–2009 financial crisis and bank opaqueness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-84.
- Alexandr Karminsky & Anatoly Peresetsky, 2009. "Ratings as Measure of Financial Risk: Evolution, Function and Usage," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 1-2, pages 86-102.
- Benjamin Blau & Kathleen Fuller & Chip Wade, 2015. "Short Selling and Price Pressure Around Merger Announcements," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 143-160, October.
- Jean-Charles Rochet, 2003. "Réglementation prudentielle et discipline de marché," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 73(4), pages 201-212.
- Gropp, Reint E. & Köhler, Matthias, 2010. "Bank owners or bank managers: who is keen on risk? Evidence from the financial crisis," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-013, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Miles Livingston & Lei Zhou, 2010. "Split Bond Ratings and Information Opacity Premiums," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 515-532, June.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2009. "Rating Assignments: Lessons from International Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 2618, CESifo.
- Samuel B. Bonsall & Brian P. Miller, 2017. "The impact of narrative disclosure readability on bond ratings and the cost of debt," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 608-643, June.
- Adrian Pop, 2009. "Beyond the Third Pillar of Basel Two: Taking Bond Market Signals Seriously," Working Papers hal-00419241, HAL.
- Fosu, Samuel & Danso, Albert & Agyei-Boapeah, Henry & Ntim, Collins G. & Murinde, Victor, 2018. "How does banking market power affect bank opacity? Evidence from analysts' forecasts," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 38-52.
- Jiang, Xianfeng & Packer, Frank, 2019. "Credit ratings of Chinese firms by domestic and global agencies: Assessing the determinants and impact," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 178-193.
- Grougiou, Vassiliki & Leventis, Stergios & Dedoulis, Emmanouil & Owusu-Ansah, Stephen, 2014. "Corporate social responsibility and earnings management in U.S. banks," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 155-169.
- Yeddou, Nacera & Pourroy, Marc, 2020.
"Bank liquidity creation: Does ownership structure matter?,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 116-131.
- Nacera Yeddou & Marc Pourroy, 2020. "Bank liquidity creation: does ownership structure matter?," Post-Print hal-02452616, HAL.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2011:i:qiv:p:55-80:n:v.96no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.