What are the benefits of hosting a major league sports franchise?
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Skyscrapers and Happiness: An International Comparison (Part I)
by Jason Barr in Skynomics Blog on 2017-12-11 00:22:05
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Gásquez & Vicente Royuela, 2014.
"Is Football an Indicator of Development at the International Level?,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 827-848, July.
- Robert Gasquez & Vicente Royuela, 2012. "Is football an indicator of development at the international level?," Working Papers in Economics 275, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno Frey & Simone Hotz, 2015.
"European Capitals of Culture and life satisfaction,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(2), pages 374-394, February.
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno S. Frey & Simone Hotz, 2013. "European Capitals of Culture and Life Satisfaction," CREMA Working Paper Series 2013-07, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno S. Frey & Simone Hotz, 2013. "European capitals of culture and life satisfaction," ECON - Working Papers 117, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Michael J. Mondello & John C. Whitehead, 2005. "What is the Value of Public Goods Generated by a National Football League Team: A CVM Approach," Working Papers 05-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2011.
"The Olympic Effect,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(553), pages 652-677, June.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2009. "The Olympic Effect," NBER Working Papers 14854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rose, Andrew K & Spiegel, Mark, 2009. "The Olympic Effect," CEPR Discussion Papers 7248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2009. "The Olympic effect," Working Paper Series 2009-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward, 2007.
"The Impact Of Stadium Announcements On Residential Property Values: Evidence From A Natural Experiment In Dallas‐Fort Worth,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 627-638, October.
- Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward & Carolyn A. Dehring, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0602, University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Economics.
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken, II & Michael R. Ward, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0616, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Brown, Matthew & Nagel, Mark & McEvoy, Chad & Rascher, Daniel, 2004. "Revenue and Wealth Maximization in the National Football League: The Impact of Stadia," MPRA Paper 25741, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dennis Coates, 2007. "Stadiums And Arenas: Economic Development Or Economic Redistribution?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 565-577, October.
- Carlino, Gerald & Coulson, N. Edward, 2004.
"Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 25-50, July.
- Gerald A. Carlino & N. Edward Coulson, 2002. "Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL," Working Papers 02-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kavetsos, Georgios & Szymanski, Stefan, 2010.
"National well-being and international sports events,"
Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 158-171, April.
- Georgios Kavetsos & Stefan Szymanski, 2008. "National Wellbeing and International Sports Events," Working Papers 0804, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Brooke Crutchfield & Jonathan Willner, 2016. "Football in Greater Manchester: Growth Effects of Premiership Status Teams," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(4), pages 447-456, November.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2005. "The shared fortunes of cities and suburbs," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 90(Q III), pages 33-60.
- Christina Fischer & Rüdiger Hamm, 2019. "Football clubs and regional image [Fußballvereine und regionales Image]," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 39(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Boris Helleu & Christophe Durand, 2006. "Sport collectif et compétitions internationales entre clubs : le cas des équipes canadiennes en Amérique du Nord," Post-Print halshs-02110675, HAL.
- Philip K. Porter & Daniel M. Chin, 2012. "Economic Impact of Sports Events," Chapters, in: Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 15, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bruce Johnson & Mike Mondello & John C. Whitehead, 2004. "Contingent Valuation of Sports Stadiums and Arenas: Temporal Embedding and Order Effect," Working Papers 04-15, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2005.
- Pelnar, Gregory, 2007. "Antitrust Analysis of Sports Leagues," MPRA Paper 5382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sparvero, Emily & Chalip, Laurence, 2007. "Professional Teams as Leverageable Assets: Strategic Creation of Community Value," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-30, May.
- Rudy Santore, 2009. "Gambling With Tax Dollars," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 295-304, July.
- Xia Feng & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "Assessing the Economic Impact of Sports Facilities on Residential Property Values: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," Working Papers 0812, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Friedson, Andrew I. & Bogin, Alexander N., 2013. "Winning pays: High school football championships and property values," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 54-61.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2001:i:qi:p:55-86:n:v.86no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.