Competition in mortgage markets: the effect of lender type on loan characteristics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Geetesh Bhardwaj & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2008. "Where's the smoking gun? a study of underwriting standards for US subprime mortgages," Working Papers 2008-036, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "The Consequences of Mortgage Credit Expansion: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1449-1496.
- Joseph Gyourko & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2013. "Superstar Cities," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 167-199, November.
- Cabray L. Haines & Richard J. Rosen, 2007. "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 16-35.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Favara & Mariassunta Giannetti, 2017.
"Forced Asset Sales and the Concentration of Outstanding Debt: Evidence from the Mortgage Market,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 1081-1118, June.
- Favara, Giovanni & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2015. "Forced Asset Sales and the Concentration of Outstanding Debt: Evidence from the Mortgage Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 10476, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ignatowski, Magdalena & Korte, Josef, 2014.
"Wishful thinking or effective threat? Tightening bank resolution regimes and bank risk-taking,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 264-281.
- Ignatowski, Magdalena & Korte, Josef, 2014. "Wishful thinking or effective threat? tightening bank resolution regimes and bank risk-taking," Working Paper Series 1659, European Central Bank.
- Sumit Agarwal & Gene Amromin & Itzhak Ben-David & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Douglas Evanoff, 2014. "The Effectiveness of Mandatory Mortgage Counseling: Can One Dissuade Borrowers from Choosing Risky Mortgages?," NBER Working Papers 19920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsMortgage loans ; Mortgages ; Home Mortgage Disclosure Act;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2011:i:qi:p:2-21:n:v.35no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.