How do banks make money? a variety of business strategies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hughes, Joseph P. & Lang, William W. & Mester, Loretta J. & Moon, Choon-Geol, 1999.
"The dollars and sense of bank consolidation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 291-324, February.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 1998. "The Dollars and Sense of Bank Consolidation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester, 1998. "The dollars and sense of bank consolidation," Working Papers 98-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1991.
"The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 117-148, August.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1990. "The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 107, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Kenneth Spong, 2000.
"Banking regulation : its purposes, implementation, and effects,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2000bria.
- Kenneth Spong, 1994. "Banking regulation : its purpose, implementation, and effects," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 1994bria.
- Kane, Edward J, 1996. "De Jure Interstate Banking: Why Only Now?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 141-161, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tennant, David & Sutherland, Richard, 2014. "What types of banks profit most from fees charged? A cross-country examination of bank-specific and country-level determinants," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 178-190.
- repec:asi:aeafrj:2018:p:279-293 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goddard, John & Molyneux, Philip & Wilson, John O.S. & Tavakoli, Manouche, 2007. "European banking: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1911-1935, July.
- Filson, Darren & Olfati, Saman, 2014. "The impacts of Gramm–Leach–Bliley bank diversification on value and risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 209-221.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G. & Malikov, Emir & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2018.
"An internally consistent approach to the estimation of market power and cost efficiency with an application to U.S. banking,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 270(2), pages 747-760.
- Tsionas, Mike & Malikov, Emir & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2018. "An Internally Consistent Approach to the Estimation of Market Power and Cost Efficiency with an Application to U.S. Banking," MPRA Paper 85811, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Peter K.C. & Cheng, T.C. Edwin & Yeung, Andy C.L. & Lai, Kee-hung, 2011. "An empirical study of transformational leadership, team performance and service quality in retail banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 690-701, December.
- repec:dug:actaec:y:2017:i:5:p:84-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanderson Abel & Pierre Le Roux, 2016. "Determinants of Banking Sector Profitability in Zimbabwe," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 845-854.
- Mamun, Abdullah & Hassan, M. Kabir, 2014. "What explains the lack of monetary policy influence on bank holding companies?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 227-235.
- Basil Senyo Damankah & Olivia Anku-Tsede & Albert Amankwaa, 2014. "Analysis of Non-Interest Income of Commercial Banks in Ghana," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(4), pages 263-271, October.
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:28:y:2016:i:4:p:416-429 is not listed on IDEAS
- Canan Yildirim & Adnan Kasman, 2015. "Bank Market Power and Non-Interest Income in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 930, Economic Research Forum, revised Jul 2015.
- Goddard, John & McKillop, Donal & Wilson, John O.S., 2008. "The diversification and financial performance of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1836-1849, September.
- repec:cml:moneta:v:iv:y:2016:i:2:p:233-273 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and banking ; Bank investments ; Money;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2004:i:qiv:p:52-67:n:v.28no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.