House prices and the proposed expansion of Chicago's O'Hare Airport
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra E. Black, 1999.
"Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation of Elementary Education,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997. "Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education," Research Paper 9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jeffrey E. Zabel & Katherine A. Kiel, 2000. "Estimating the Demand for Air Quality in Four U.S. Cities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 174-194.
- J. Tomkins & N. Topham & J. Twomey & R. Ward, 1998. "Noise versus Access: The Impact of an Airport in an Urban Property Market," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(2), pages 243-258, February.
- Molly Espey, 2000. "The Impact of Airport Noise and Proximity on Residential Property Values," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 408-419.
- Sheppard, Stephen, 1999. "Hedonic analysis of housing markets," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 1595-1635 Elsevier.
- O'Byrne, Patricia Habuda & Nelson, Jon P. & Seneca, Joseph J., 1985. "Housing values, census estimates, disequilibrium, and the environmental cost of airport noise: A case study of Atlanta," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 169-178, June.
- Marcel A. J. Theebe, 2004. "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: The Impact of Traffic Noise on House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2_3), pages 209-234, March.
- Timothy J. Bartik & V. Kerry Smith, 1996. "Urban Amenities and Public Policy," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: V. Kerry Smith (ed.), Estimating Economic Values for Nature: Methods for Non-Market Valuation, pages 271-318 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Mitchell Polinsky, A. & Shavell, Steven, 1976. "Amenities and property values in a model of an urban area," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 119-129.
More about this item
KeywordsChicago (Ill.) ; Housing - Prices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2004:i:qiii:p:28-39:n:v.28no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .