The Texas construction sector: the tail that wagged the dog
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Lynn E. Browne, 1992. "Why New England went the way of Texas rather than California," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 23-41.
- Edward Moscovitch, 1990. "The downturn in the New England economy: what lies behind it?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 53-65.
- Kenneth Spong, 2000.
"Banking regulation : its purposes, implementation, and effects,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2000bria, August.
- Kenneth Spong, 1994. "Banking regulation : its purpose, implementation, and effects," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 1994bria, August.
- Follain James R. & Leavens Donald R. & Velz Orawin T., 1993. "Identifying the Effects of Tax Reform on Multifamily Rental Housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 275-298, September.
- Andrew C. Krikelas, 1992. "Why regions grow: a review of research on the economic base model," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jul, pages 16-29.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neville Francis & Sergio Restrepo-Angel, 2018. "Sectoral and aggregate response to oil price shocks in the Colombian economy: SVAR and Local Projections approach," Borradores de Economia 1055, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Quintero Otero, Jorge David, 2020. "Not all sectors are alike: Differential impacts of shocks in oil prices on the sectors of the Colombian economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C).
- Mohd Shahidan Shaari & Tan Lee Pei & Hafizah Abdul Rahim, 2013. "Effects of Oil Price Shocks on the Economic Sectors in Malaysia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 360-366.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- D'Ann M. Petersen & Keith R. Phillips & Mine K. Yücel, 1994. "The role of tax policy in the boom/bust cycle of the Texas construction sector," Working Papers 9413, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Hoffmann, Sandra & Berek, Peter & Costello, Christopher & Fortmann, Louise, 2000.
"Poverty and Employment in Timber-Dependent Counties,"
dp-00-52, Resources For the Future.
- Berck, Peter & Costello, Christopher & Fortmann, Louise & Hoffmann, Sandra A., 2000. "Poverty and Employment in Timber-Dependent Counties," Discussion Papers 10831, Resources for the Future.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 2006. "Modelling the Fisher hypothesis: World wide evidence," Economics Working Papers 2006-04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Bilal Mehmood & Syed Hassan Raza & Mahwish Rana & Huma Sohaib & Muhammad Azhar Khan, 2014. "Triangular Relationship between Energy Consumption, Price Index and National Income in Asian Countries: A Pooled Mean Group Approach in Presence of Structural Breaks," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 610-620.
- Anatoly A. Peresetsky & Ruslan I. Yakubov, 2017.
"Autocorrelation in an unobservable global trend: does it help to forecast market returns?,"
International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1/2), pages 152-169.
- Peresetsky, Anatoly & Yakubov, Ruslan, 2015. "Autocorrelation in an unobservable global trend: Does it help to forecast market returns?," MPRA Paper 64579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Santos, João & Domingos, Tiago & Sousa, Tânia & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2016. "Does a small cost share reflect a negligible role for energy in economic production? Testing for aggregate production functions including capital, labor, and useful exergy through a cointegration-base," MPRA Paper 70850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cho, Guedae & Kim, MinKyoung & Koo, Won W., 2003. "Relative Agricultural Price Changes In Different Time Horizons," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22249, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Hoang, Thi Hong Van & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar & Roubaud, David, 2017.
"Energy consumption, financial development and economic growth in India: New evidence from a nonlinear and asymmetric analysis,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 199-212.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Thi Hong Van Hoang & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & David Roubaud, 2016. "Energy consumption, financial development and economic growth in India: New evidence from a nonlinear and asymmetric analysis," Post-Print hal-02148483, HAL.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & HOANG, Thi Hong Van & Kumar, Mantu & Roubaud, David, 2017. "Energy Consumption, Financial Development and Economic Growth in India: New Evidence from a Nonlinear and Asymmetric Analysis," MPRA Paper 76527, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2017.
- Levent, Korap, 2007. "Modeling purchasing power parity using co-integration: evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 19584, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Owyong & Shandre Thangavelu, 2001. "An empirical study on public capital spillovers from the USA to Canada," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(11), pages 1493-1499.
- Zamani, Mehrzad, 2007. "Energy consumption and economic activities in Iran," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1135-1140, November.
- Muhammad Zia Ullah Khan & Muhammad Illyas & Muqqadas Rahman & Chaudhary Abdul Rahman, 2015. "Money Monetization and Economic Growth in Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(4), pages 184-192, April.
- Xu, Haifeng & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2012. "Dynamic linkages of stock prices between the BRICs and the United States: Effects of the 2008–09 financial crisis," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 344-352.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 1994.
"Cointegration, Fractional Cointegration, and Exchange Rate Dynamics,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 737-745, June.
- Baillie, R.T. & Bollerslev, T., 1993. "Cointegration, Fractional Cointegration, and Exchange RAte Dynamics," Papers 9103, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2004:i:4:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Titus O. Awokuse, 2003. "Is the export‐led growth hypothesis valid for Canada?," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 36(1), pages 126-136, March.
- Zhuo Qiao & Keith Lam, 2011. "Granger causal relations among Greater China stock markets: a nonlinear perspective," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(19), pages 1437-1450.
- Yap, Wei Yim & Lam, Jasmine S.L., 2006. "Competition dynamics between container ports in East Asia," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 35-51, January.
- Zanin, Luca & Marra, Giampiero, 2012. "Assessing the functional relationship between CO2 emissions and economic development using an additive mixed model approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1328-1337.
- Claudio Morana, 2014. "Factor Vector Autoregressive Estimation of Heteroskedastic Persistent and Non Persistent Processes Subject to Structural Breaks," Working Papers 273, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised May 2014.
- Fazal Husain & Abdul Qayyum, 2006.
"Stock Market Liberalisations in the South Asian Region,"
2006:6, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Husain, Fazal & Qayyum, Abdul, 2006. "Stock Market Liberalisations in the South Asian Region," MPRA Paper 1716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fazal Husain & Abdul Qayyum, 2006. "Stock Market Liberalisations in the South Asian Region," Finance Working Papers 22195, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsTexas; Construction industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedder:y:1994:i:qii:p:23-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.