What's really new about the new forms of retail payment?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Townsend, Robert M, 1989. "Currency and Credit in a Private Information Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1323-1344, December.
- James N. Duprey & Clarence W. Nelson, 1986. "A visible hand: the Fed's involvement in the check payments system," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 18-29.
- Williamson, Steve & Wright, Randall, 1994.
"Barter and Monetary Exchange under Private Information,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 104-123, March.
- Stephen D. Williamson & Randall Wright, 1991. "Barter and monetary exchange under private information," Staff Report 141, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Williamson, S. & Wright, R., 1991. "Barter and Monetary Exchange Under Private Information," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9107, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Bruce D. Smith, 1991.
"Interest on Reserves and Sunspot Equilibria: Friedman's Proposal Reconsidered,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 93-105.
- Smith, B.D., 1988. "Interest On Reserves And Sunspot Equilibria: Friedman'S Proposal Reconsidered," RCER Working Papers 119, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1989.
"Restrictions on Financial Intermediaries and Implications for Aggregate Fluctuations: Canada and the United States 1870-1913,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 303-350
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1989. "Restrictions on financial intermediaries and implications for aggregate fluctuations: Canada and the United States, 1870-1913," Staff Report 119, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- William Roberds, 1994. "Changes in payments technology and the welfare cost of inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue May, pages 1-12.
- Neil Wallace, 1983. "A legal restrictions theory of the demand for "money" and the role of monetary policy," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win.
- Timberlake, Richard H., 1993. "Monetary Policy in the United States," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226803845.
- Xavier Cuadras & Joan R. Roses, 1995. "Bills of exchange as money: Sources of monetary supply during the industrialization in Catalonia (1844-74)," Economics Working Papers 111, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bruce Champ & Bruce D. Smith & Stephen D. Williamson, 1996.
"Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 828-864, November.
- Champ, B. & Snith, B.D. & Williamson, D.S., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence," RCER Working Papers 292, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Champ, B. & Smith, B.D., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: theory and Evidence," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9109, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Woodford, Michael, 1990. "The optimum quantity of money," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1067-1152 Elsevier.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1991. "Debt Maturity Structure and Liquidity Risk," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 709-737.
- Joshua N. Feinman, 1993. "Reserve requirements: history, current practice, and potential reform," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 569-589.
- James J. McAndrews, 1997. "Banking and payment system stability in an electronic money world," Working Papers 97-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gorton, Gary & Pennacchi, George, 1990. " Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 49-71, March.
- Sean Collins & Phillip R. Mack, 1994. "Avoiding runs in money market mutual funds: have regulatory reforms reduced the potential for a crash?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- John P. Caskey & Gordon H. Sellon, 1994. "Is the debit card revolution finally here?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 79-95.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1994.
"Debt Maturity and the Deadweight Cost of Leverage: Optimally Financing Banking Firms,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 320-331, March.
- Mark J. Flannery, 1991. "Debt maturity and the deadweight cost of leverage: optimally financing banking firms," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Gerald P. Dwyer, 1996. "Wildcat banking, banking panics, and free banking in the United States," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Dec, pages 1-20.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedaer:y:1997:i:q1:p:32-45:n:v.82no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Meredith Rector). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .