A visible hand: the Fed's involvement in the check payments system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- O. M. W. Sprague, 1911. "The Reserve Association and the Improvement of Methods of Making Payments Between the Banks," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19, pages 831-831.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William Roberds, 1997. "What's really new about the new forms of retail payment?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 1, pages 32-45.
- McAndrews, James & Roberds, William, 1999.
"A General Equilibrium Analysis of Check Float,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 353-377, October.
- James J. McAndrews & William Roberds, 1997. "A general equilibrium analysis of check float," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 97-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- James J. McAndrews & William Roberds, 1999. "A general equilibrium analysis of check float," Staff Reports 84, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker & Jeffrey D. Walker & John A. Weinberg, 1999. "The Fed's entry into check clearing reconsidered," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 1-32.
- Stephen F. Quinn & William Roberds, 2008. "The evolution of the check as a means of payment: a historical survey," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
More about this item
KeywordsClearinghouses (Banking) ; Check collection systems ; Federal Reserve System - History ; Banks and banking - History;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmqr:y:1986:i:spr:p:18-29:n:v.10no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jannelle Ruswick). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbmnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.