Wildcat banking, banking panics, and free banking in the United States
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William Roberds, 1997. "What's really new about the new forms of retail payment?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 1, pages 32-45.
- Dwyer Jr., Gerald P. & Samartín, Margarita, 2009.
"Why do banks promise to pay par on demand?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-169, June.
- Margarita SamartÃn & Gerald Dwyer, 2004. "Why do banks promise to pay par on demand?," 2004 Meeting Papers 372, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & Margarita Samartín, 2006. "Why do banks promise to pay par on demand?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2006-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Margarita Samartin & Gerald Dwyer, 2004. "Why do Banks Promise to Pay Par on Demand?," 2004 Meeting Papers 180c, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jeremy Atack & Matthew S. Jaremski & Peter L. Rousseau, 2014.
"Did Railroads Make Antebellum U.S. Banks More Sound?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Enterprising America: Businesses, Banks, and Credit Markets in Historical Perspective, pages 149-178
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Atack & Matthew S. Jaremski & Peter L. Rousseau, 2014. "Did Railroads Make Antebellum U.S. Banks More Sound?," NBER Working Papers 20032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & R. W. Hafer, 2001. "Bank failures in banking panics: Risky banks or road kill?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2001-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Robert L. Hetzel, 2009. "Should increased regulation of bank risk-taking come from regulators or from the market?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 161-200.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Monnet, Cyril, 2003. "Money and payments: a modern perspective," Working Paper Series 245, European Central Bank.
- APATACHIOAE, Adina, 2014. "Free Banking – Possible Solution To The Recent Crisis?," Journal of Financial and Monetary Economics, Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 1(1), pages 66-72.
- Pistor, Katharina, 2013. "A legal theory of finance," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 315-330.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and banking - History ; Economic history;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedaer:y:1996:i:dec:p:1-20:n:v.81no3-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Meredith Rector). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .