The policy tango: toward a holistic view of monetary and fiscal effects
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wall, Larry D. & Peterson, David R., 1990.
"The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-99, August.
- Larry D. Wall & David R. Peterson, 1989. "The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 89-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Robert E. Lamy & G. Rodney Thompson, 1986. "Penn Square, Problem Loans, And Insolvency Risk," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 103-111, June.
- Stephen D. Smith & Larry D. Wall, 1992. "Financial panics, bank failures, and the role of regulatory policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jan, pages 1-11.
- Moen, Jon & Tallman, Ellis W., 1992. "The Bank Panic of 1907: The Role of Trust Companies," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(03), pages 611-630, September.
- Bruce Champ & Bruce D. Smith & Stephen D. Williamson, 1996.
"Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 828-864, November.
- Champ, B. & Snith, B.D. & Williamson, D.S., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence," RCER Working Papers 292, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Champ, B. & Smith, B.D., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: theory and Evidence," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9109, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Dickinson, Amy & Peterson, David R & Christiansen, William A, 1991. "An Empirical Investigation into the Failure of First RepublicBank: Is There a Contagion Effect?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 303-318, August.
- Gerald D. Gay & Stephen G. Timme & Kenneth Yung, 1991. "Bank Failure And Contagion Effects: Evidence From Hong Kong," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 153-165, June.
- Ellis W. Tallman, 1988. "Some unanswered questions about bank panics," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Nov, pages 2-21.
- Herbert L. Baer & Douglas D. Evanoff, 1990. "Payments system risk issues in a global economy," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation 90-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seghezza, Elena & Morelli, Pierluigi, 2014. "Conflict inflation and delayed stabilization," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 171-184.
- Truong Nguyen, 2013. "Estimating India's Fiscal Reaction Function," ASARC Working Papers 2013-05, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Bodo HERZOG, "undated". "European Monetary Union and Fiscal Policy Sustainability," EcoMod2004 330600067, EcoMod.
- Nooman Rebei, 2004. "Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Fiscal Shocks in a Small Open Economy," Staff Working Papers 04-41, Bank of Canada.
- Peter Mikek, 2004. "Accession to the Monetary Union and Slovenian Monetary Policy Under Exchange Rate Targeting," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2004(2), pages 176-186.
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 2006.
"The Price Level, The Quantity Theory Of Money, And The Fiscal Theory Of The Price Level,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(1), pages 4-27, February.
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 2002. "The Price Level, the Quantity Theory of Money, and the Fiscal Theory of the Price Level," NBER Working Papers 9084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Perez, Javier J. & Hiebert, Paul, 2004.
"Identifying endogenous fiscal policy rules for macroeconomic models,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 1073-1089, December.
- Pérez, Javier J. & Hiebert, Paul, 2002. "Identifying endogenous fiscal policy rules for macroeconomic models," Working Paper Series 0156, European Central Bank.
- Javier J. Pérez & Paul Hiebert, 2002. "Identifying endogenous fiscal policy rules for macroeconomic models," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/06, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Kim, Soyoung, 2004. "Inflation volatility, government debts, and the fiscal theory of the price level," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 117-121, October.
- Eric Leeper & Tack Yun, 2006.
"Monetary-fiscal policy interactions and the price level:Background and beyond,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(4), pages 373-409, August.
- Eric M. Leeper & Tack Yun, 2005. "Monetary-Fiscal Policy Interactions and the Price Level: Background and Beyond," NBER Working Papers 11646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muscatelli, V. Anton & Tirelli, Patrizio & Trecroci, Carmine, 2004.
"Fiscal and monetary policy interactions: Empirical evidence and optimal policy using a structural New-Keynesian model,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 257-280, June.
- Anton Muscatelli & Patrizio Tirelli & Carmine Trecroci, 2003. "Fiscal and Monetary Policy Interactions: Empirical Evidence and Optimal Policy Using a Structural New Keynesian Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 1060, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eric M. Leeper, 2009. "Anchors Away: How Fiscal Policy Can Undermine the Taylor Principle," NBER Working Papers 15514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bergin, Paul R., 2000. "Fiscal solvency and price level determination in a monetary union," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 37-53, February.
- Eric M. Leeper, 2003. "Fiscal Policy and Inflation: Pondering the Imponderables," NBER Working Papers 9506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muhammad Ali Nasir & Alaa M. Soliman & Milton Yago & Junjie Wu, 2016. "Macroeconomic Policies Interaction & the Symmetry of Financial Markets’ Responses," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 5(1), pages 53-69.
- Mikek, Peter, 2008. "Alternative monetary policies and fiscal regime in new EU members," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 335-353, December.
- Engwerda, J.C. & Douven, R.C.M.H., 1996. "A Game-Theoretic Rationale for EMU," Research Memorandum 727, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- F. Ballabriga & C. Martinez-Mongay, 2002. "Has EMU shifted policy?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 166, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal policy ; Monetary policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedaer:y:1993:i:jul:p:1-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Meredith Rector). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .