The distribution of stock market returns and the market model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Amy Hing-Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang & Wingender, John R, 1990. "The Distribution of Stock Returns: New Evidence against the Stable Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 217-223, April.
- Campbell, John Y. & Hentschel, Ludger, 1992.
"No news is good news *1: An asymmetric model of changing volatility in stock returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 281-318, June.
- John Y. Campbell & Ludger Hentschel, 1991. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 3742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Campbell, John, 1992. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," Scholarly Articles 3220232, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hawawini, Gabriel, 1983. "Why beta shifts as the return interval changes," MPRA Paper 44893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bookstaber, Richard M & McDonald, James B, 1987. "A General Distribution for Describing Security Price Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 401-424, July.
- Cartwright, Phillip A & Lee, Cheng F, 1987. "Time Aggregation and the Estimation of the Market Model: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 131-143, January.
- Chan, Louis K. C. & Lakonishok, Josef, 1992. "Robust Measurement of Beta Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 265-282, June.
- Dimson, E & Marsh, P R, 1983.
" The Stability of UK Risk Measures and the Problem of Thin Trading,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 753-783, June.
- Elroy Dimson and Paul Marsh., 1981. "The Stability of UK Risk Measures and the Problem of Thin Trading," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 120, University of California at Berkeley.
- Berglund, Tom & Liljeblom, Eva, 1990. "The Impact of Trading Volume on Stock Return Distributions: An Empirical Analysis," Discussion Papers 315, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Zeckhauser, Richard & Thompson, Mark, 1970. "Linear Regression with Non-Normal Error Terms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 280-286, August.
- Beckers, Stan, 1981. "A Note on Estimating the Parameters of the Diffusion-Jump Model of Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 127-140, March.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-155, January.
- Hsu, D. A., 1984. "The Behavior of Stock Returns: Is It Stationary or Evolutionary?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 11-28, March.
- Tom Berglund & Eva Liljeblom, 1990. "The impact of trading volume on stock return distributions : an empirical analysis," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 108-124, Autumn.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fep:journl:v:12:y:1999:i:1:p:41-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Secretary). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/talouea.html .