Is the CNB Predictable?
This paper asks to what extent were the last one hundred policy decisions taken by the Czech National Bank (CNB) considered predictable by the market. The results are threefold. First, CNB policy decisions can be considered as predictable on average. Second, policy predictability followed no clear trend. Third, the analysis shows that it was more difficult for the market to predict policy outcomes regarding CNB Board meetings where interest rate were changed compared with meetings where repo rate were not changed.
Volume (Year): 55 (2005)
Issue (Month): 7-8 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kevin Ross, 2002. "Market Predictability of ECB Policy Decisions; A Comparative Examination," IMF Working Papers 02/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Andrew G Haldane & Vicky Read, 2000. "Monetary policy surprises and the yield curve," Bank of England working papers 106, Bank of England.
- Michal Skořepa & Viktor Kotlán, 2006.
"Inflation Targeting: To Forecast or To Simulate?,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 300-314.
- Michal Skorepa & Viktor Kotlan, 2003. "Inflation Targeting: To Forecast or to Simulate?," Research and Policy Notes 2003/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Michal Skorepa & Viktor Kotlan, 2003. "Inflation Targeting: to Forecast or to Simulate," Macroeconomics 0304007, EconWPA.
- David Navrátil & Viktor Kotlán, 2005. "The CNB’s Policy Decisions – Are They Priced in by the Markets?," Macroeconomics 0503005, EconWPA.
- David Navratil & Viktor Kotlan, 2005. "The CNB's Policy Decisions - Are They Priced in by the Markets?," Research and Policy Notes 2005/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:55:y:2005:i:7-8:p:333-343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.