The rise of supermarkets and challenges for small farmers in South African food value chains
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johann Kirsten & Kurt Sartorius, 2002.
"Linking agribusiness and small-scale farmers in developing countries: Is there a new role for contract farming?,"
Development Southern Africa,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 503-529.
- Kirsten, Johann F. & Sartorius, Kurt, 2002. "Linking Agribusiness And Small-Scale Farmers In Developing Countries: Is There A New Role For Contract Farming?," Working Papers 18025, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Louw, Andre & Jordaan, Daniel du Plessis Scheepers & Ndanga, Leah Z.B. & Kirsten, Johann F., 2008. "Alternative marketing options for small-scale farmers in the wake of changing agri-food supply chains in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(3), September.
- Pierre Matungul & Michael Lyne & Gerald Ortmann, 2001. "Transaction costs and crop marketing in the communal areas of Impendle and Swayimana, KwaZulu-Natal," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 347-363.
- Peter Dannenberg & Gilbert M. Nduru, 2013. "Practices In International Value Chains: The Case Of The Kenyan Fruit And Vegetable Chain Beyond The Exclusion Debate," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 104(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Neil M. Coe & Martin Hess, 2005. "The internationalization of retailing: implications for supply network restructuring in East Asia and Eastern Europe," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 449-473, August.
- Vermeulen, Hester & Kirsten, Johann F. & Sartorius, Kurt, 2008. "Contracting arrangements in agribusiness procurement practices in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(2), June.
- D'Haese, Marijke & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2005. "The rise of supermarkets and changing expenditure patterns of poor rural households case study in the Transkei area, South Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 97-113, February.
- Dave D. Weatherspoon & Thomas Reardon, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa: Implications for Agrifood Systems and the Rural Poor," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21, pages 333-355, May.
- Bienabe, Estelle & Vermeulen, Hester, 2007. "New trends in supermarkets procurement system in South Africa: the case of local procurement schemes from small-scale farmers by rural-based retail chain stores," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9394, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Anika Trebbin & Markus Hassler, 2012. "Farmers’ producer companies in India: a new concept for collective action?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 44(2), pages 411-427, February.
- Anika Trebbin & Markus Hassler, 2012. "Farmers' Producer Companies in India: A New Concept for Collective Action?," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 44(2), pages 411-427, February.
- Soler Louis-Georges, 2005. "Retailer Strategies in the Food Marketing Chain: Introduction to the Special Issue," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-7, February.
- Patrick Biernacki & Dan Waldorf, 1981. "Snowball Sampling: Problems and Techniques of Chain Referral Sampling," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 10(2), pages 141-163, November.
More about this item
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fan:ecaqec:v:html10.3280/ecag2013-003003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia). General contact details of provider: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=87 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.