Nigeria’s Investment Environment: Issues of Economic Growth and Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raff, Horst & Ryan, Michael & Stähler, Frank, 2009.
"The choice of market entry mode: Greenfield investment, M&A and joint venture,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-10, January.
- Stähler, Frank & Ryan, Michael & Raff, Horst, 2007. "The Choice of Market Entry Mode: Greenfield Investment, M&A and Joint Venture," Economics Working Papers 2007-19, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Horst Raff & Michael Ryan & Frank Stähler, 2012.
"Firm Productivity and the Foreign‐Market Entry Decision,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 849-871, September.
- Raff, Horst & Ryan, Michael & Stähler, Frank, 2008. "Firm Productivity and the Foreign-Market Entry Decision," Economics Working Papers 2008-02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Mr. Eduardo Borensztein & Jong-Wha Lee & Mr. Jose De Gregorio, 1994. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 1994/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bialowolski, Piotr & Weziak-Bialowolska, Dorota, 2014.
"External factors affecting investment decisions of companies,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 8, pages 1-21.
- Bialowolski, Piotr & Weziak-Bialowolska, Dorota, 2013. "External factors affecting investment decisions of companies," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-44, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Dunning, John H., 2000. "The eclectic paradigm as an envelope for economic and business theories of MNE activity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-190, April.
- Everett, Tim & Ishwaran, Mallika & Ansaloni, Gian Paolo & Rubin, Alex, 2010. "Economic growth and the environment," MPRA Paper 23585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Victor Zarnowitz, 1992. "Business Cycles: Theory, History, Indicators, and Forecasting," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number zarn92-1.
- W. A. Naude & W. F. Krugell, 2007. "Investigating geography and institutions as determinants of foreign direct investment in Africa using panel data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1223-1233.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Emmanuel I. MICHAEL & Ikechukwu A. ACHA & Joseph Michael ESSIEN, 2017. "Nigeriaâ€™s Investment Environment: Issues of Economic Growth and Development," Expert Journal of Finance, Sprint Investify, vol. 5(1), pages 1-11.
- Ayesha Ashraf & Dierk Herzer & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2016.
"The Effects of Greenfield FDI and Cross-border M&As on Total Factor Productivity,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(11), pages 1728-1755, November.
- Ashraf, Ayesha & Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2014. "The effects of Greenfield FDI and cross-border M&As on total factor productivity," Kiel Working Papers 1941, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ashraf, Ayesha & Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2014. "The Effects of Greenfield FDI and Cross-border M&As on Total Factor Productivity," MPRA Paper 65060, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Mar 2015.
- Iamsiraroj, Sasi, 2016. "The foreign direct investment–economic growth nexus," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 116-133.
- Yakob, Ramsin & Nakamura, H. Richard & StrÃ¶m, Patrik, 2018. "Chinese foreign acquisitions aimed for strategic asset-creation and innovation upgrading: The case of Geely and Volvo Cars," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 70, pages 59-72.
- Ahlerup, Pelle & Tengstam, Sven, 2015. "Do the land-poor gain from agricultural investments? Empirical evidence from Zambia using panel data," Working Papers in Economics 624, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Veundjua Muruko-Jaezuruka & Prashant Gupta, 2020. "Assessing Foreign Direct Investment Long-Run Contribution to Financial Development: Evidence from Namibia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 40(4), pages 3111-3123.
- Justin Paul & Gurmeet Singh, 2017. "The 45 years of foreign direct investment research: Approaches, advances and analytical areas," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(11), pages 2512-2527, November.
- Christian Zeller & Andreas Hametner & Koen Smet & Markus Seiwald, 2014. "Internationale Expansion in der pharmazeutischen Industrie Österreichs," FIW Research Reports series V-004, FIW.
- Akhtaruzzaman, M. & Berg, Nathan & Hajzler, Christopher, 2017.
"Expropriation risk and FDI in developing countries: Does return of capital dominate return on capital?,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 84-107.
- M. Akhtaruzzaman & Nathan Berg & Christopher Hajzler, 2017. "Expropriation Risk and FDI in Developing Countries: Does Return of Capital Dominate Return on Capital?," Staff Working Papers 17-9, Bank of Canada.
- Aleksynska, Mariya & Havrylchyk, Olena, 2013.
"FDI from the south: The role of institutional distance and natural resources,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 38-53.
- Mariya Aleksynska & Olena Havrylchyk, 2011. "FDI from the South: the Role of Institutional Distance and Natural Resources," Working Papers 2011-05, CEPII research center.
- Onur A. Koska, 2019. "A consumer-surplus standard in foreign acquisitions, foreign direct investment, and welfare," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 155(1), pages 149-179, February.
- Bitzenis, Aristidis & Tsitouras, Antonis & Vlachos, Vasileios A., 2009. "Decisive FDI obstacles as an explanatory reason for limited FDI inflows in an EMU member state: The case of Greece," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 691-704, August.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Oxelheim, Lars & Thulin, Per, 2005.
"The relationship between domestic and outward foreign direct investment: The role of industry-specific effects,"
International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 677-694, December.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Oxelheim, Lars & Thulin, Per, 2004. "The Relationship between Domestic and Outward Foreign Direct Investment: The Role of Industry-Specific Effects," Working Paper Series 625, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Yassin Elshain Yahia & Liu Haiyun & Muhammad Asif Khan & Sayyed Sadaqat Hussain Shah & Mollah Aminul Islam, 2018. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Domestic Investment: Evidence from Sudan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 1-10.
- Bartels, Frank L. & Napolitano, Francesco & Tissi, Nicola E., 2014. "FDI in Sub-Saharan Africa: A longitudinal perspective on location-specific factors (2003–2010)," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 516-529.
- Muhammad Zeeshan & Jiabin Han & Alam Rehman & Hazrat Bilal & Naveed Farooq & Muhammad Waseem & Arif Hussain & Muhammad Khan & Ilyas Ahmad, 2021. "Nexus between Foreign Direct Investment, Energy Consumption, Natural Resource, and Economic Growth in Latin American Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 11(1), pages 407-416.
- Henri Bezuidenhout, 2009.
"A Regional Perspective on Aid and FDI in Southern Africa,"
International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 15(3), pages 310-321, August.
- Henri Bezuidenhout, 2009. "A regional perspective on Aid and FDI in Southern Africa," Working Papers 147, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Lahimer, Noomen, 2009. "La contribution des investissements directs étrangers à la réduction de la pauvreté en Afrique subsaharienne," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/1167 edited by Goaied, Mohamed & Bienaymé, Alain, October.
- Fu, Xiaolan & Buckley, Peter J. & Fu, Xiaoqing Maggie, 2020. "The Growth Impact of Chinese Direct Investment on Host Developing Countries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2).
- Sadeghi, Pegah & Shahrestani, Hamid & Kiani, Kambiz Hojabr & Torabi, Taghi, 2020. "Economic complexity, human capital, and FDI attraction: A cross country analysis," International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 168-182.
More about this item
KeywordsPrime Lending Rate; Government Expenditure; Real Gross Domestic Product; Inflation; Savings; Capital; Wealth; Exchange Rate;
All these keywords.
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:exp:finnce:v:5:y:2017:i::p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://finance.expertjournals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alin Opreana The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Alin Opreana to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://finance.expertjournals.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.