Quality of financial reports: Evidence from the Tunisian firms
This paper studies the effect of the quality of annual reports on investor’s decisions in the Tunisian financial market. We measure the qualities of content and form of financial reports and their effects on investors’ decisions, particularly on stock prices. We used a sample of 175 publications between 2006 and 2010. Our results provide strong evidence that the content’s effect is higher than the form’s effect in making decisions.
Volume (Year): 5 (2014)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Biddle, Gary C. & Hilary, Gilles & Verdi, Rodrigo S., 2009.
"How does financial reporting quality relate to investment efficiency?,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2-3), pages 112-131, December.
- Gilles Hilary & Gary C. Biddle & Rodrigo S. Verdi, 2009. "How Does Financial Reporting Quality Relate to Investment Efficiency?," Post-Print hal-00481731, HAL.
- Eng, L. L. & Mak, Y. T., 2003. "Corporate governance and voluntary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 325-345.
- Beyer, Anne, 2008. "Financial analysts' forecast revisions and managers' reporting behavior," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2-3), pages 334-348, December.
- Bloomfield, Robert, 2008. "Discussion of "Annual report readability, current earnings, and earnings persistence"," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 248-252, August.
- Paul C. Tetlock, 2011. "All the News That's Fit to Reprint: Do Investors React to Stale Information?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(5), pages 1481-1512.
- Emanuele Bajo, 2010. "The Information Content of Abnormal Trading Volume," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7-8), pages 950-978.
- Brown, Lawrence D. & Ngo Higgins, Huong, 2001. "Managing earnings surprises in the US versus 12 other countries," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4-5), pages 373-398.
- Susan Chaplinsky, 2010. "Financing under Extreme Risk: Contract Terms and Returns to Private Investments in Public Equity," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(7), pages 2789-2820, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:31:y:1993:i:2:p:246-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Millicent Chang & Gino D'Anna & Iain Watson & Marvin Wee, 2008. "Does Disclosure Quality via Investor Relations Affect Information Asymmetry?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 33(2), pages 375-390, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etr:series:v:5:y:2014:i:02:p:030-038. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrew Godwin)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.