Managing earnings surprises in the US versus 12 other countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jiaata:v:17:y:2008:i:2:p:79-91 is not listed on IDEAS
- DEGEORGE, François & DING, Yuan & JEANJEAN, Thomas & STOLOWY, Hervé, 2005. "Does Analyst Following Curb Earnings Management?," HEC Research Papers Series 810, HEC Paris.
- J.J. Graafland & H. Smid, 2004.
"Reputation, Corporate Social Responsibility and Market Regulation,"
Review of Business and Economic Literature,
KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Review of Business and Economic Literature, vol. 0(2), pages 271-308.
- Graafland, J.J. & Smid, H., 2004. "Reputation, corporate social responsibility and market regulation," MPRA Paper 20772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bok Baik & Wooseok Choi, 2010. "Managing Earnings Surprises in Japan: Perspectives from Main Bank Relationships and Institutional Ownership," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5-6), pages 495-517.
- Seung-Woog (Austin) Kwag, 2010. "Investor reaction to earnings management," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(1), pages 44-56, February.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2005.
"The economic implications of corporate financial reporting,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 3-73, December.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey & Shiva Rajgopal, 2004. "The Economic Implications of Corporate Financial Reporting," NBER Working Papers 10550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei Jiang & Meiting Lu & Yaowen Shan & Tingting Zhu, 2016. "Evidence of Avoiding Working Capital Deficits in Australia," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(1), pages 107-118, March.
- Emna JABALLAH & Wided YOUSFI & Mohamed Ali ZARAI, 2014. "Quality of financial reports: Evidence from the Tunisian firms," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 030-038.
- Higgins, Huong Ngo, 2002. "Analysts' forecasts of Japanese firms' earnings: additional evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 371-394.
- J. Graafland, 2010. "Do Markets Crowd Out Virtues? An Aristotelian Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Baruch Lev, 2003. "Corporate Earnings: Facts and Fiction," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 27-50, Spring.
- Li Xu & Alex Tang, 2012. "Internal control material weakness, analysts’ accuracy and bias, and brokerage reputation," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 27-53, July.
- Thorsten Knauer & Arnt Wöhrmann, 2010. "Rahmenbedingungen, Charakteristika und Konsequenzen freiwilliger Unternehmenspublizität – State of the Art und neue Perspektiven der empirischen Forschung," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 235-254, November.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios & Thomakos, Dimitrios, 2017. "Managerial discretion, net operating assets and the cross-section of stock returns: Evidence from European countries," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 188-210.
- Canace, Thomas G. & Caylor, Marcus L. & Johnson, Peter M. & Lopez, Thomas J., 2010. "The effect of Regulation Fair Disclosure on expectations management: International evidence," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 403-423, September.
- Leuz, Christian & Nanda, Dhananjay & Wysocki, Peter D., 2003. "Earnings management and investor protection: an international comparison," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 505-527, September.
- Gong, Stephen X.H. & Firth, Michael & Cullinane, Kevin, 2006. "The information content of earnings releases by global airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 82-91.
- Doukakis, Leonidas C. & Papanastasopoulos, Georgios A., 2014. "The accrual anomaly in the U.K. stock market: Implications of growth and accounting distortions," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 256-277.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jappol:v:20:y:2001:i:4-5:p:373-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jaccpubpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.