Economic Change, Social Mobility and Meritocracy: Reflections on the Irish Experience
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 2004 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3-Autumn ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (353-1) 863 2000
Fax: (353-1) 863 2100
Web page: http://www.esri.ieEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Layte & Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Class Transformation, Qualification Inflation and the Persistence of Class: Trends in Social Fluidity in the Republic of Ireland 1973 to 1994," Papers WP123, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Callan, Tim & Keeney, Mary J. & Walsh, John R., 2002. "The Distributive Impact of Budgetary Policy: A Medium-Term View," Papers BP2003/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Barrett, Alan & FitzGerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2002.
"Earnings inequality, returns to education and immigration into Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 665-680, November.
- Barrett, Alan & FitzGerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2000. "Earnings Inequality, Returns to Education and Immigration into Ireland," IZA Discussion Papers 167, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barrett, Alan & Fitz Gerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2000. "Earnings Inequality, Returns to Education and Immigration into Ireland," CEPR Discussion Papers 2493, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Breen & Christopher T. Whelan, 1991. "Explaining the Irish Pattern of Social Fluidity: The Role of the Political. Published in J. H. Goldthorpe & C. T. Whelan (eds.), The Development of Industrial Society in Ireland," Papers WP025, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:esr:chaptr:jacb200207 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2002. "The Inheritance of Inequality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 3-30, Summer.
- Barrett, Alan & Bergin, Adele & Coleman, Kieran & McHale, John & Morgenroth, Edgar & Walsh, John R., 2005. "Budget Perspectives 2006," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI181 edited by Callan, Tim & Doris, Aedin.
- Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Social Mobility in Ireland in the 1990s - Evidence from the 1994 Living in Ireland Survey," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(2), pages 133-158.
- Patrick Honohan & Brendan Walsh, 2002. "Catching Up with the Leaders: The Irish Hare," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(1), pages 1-78.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:qecsas:2004:autumn:whelan. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.