Economic Change, Social Mobility and Meritocracy: Reflections on the Irish Experience
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 2004 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3-Autumn ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Whitaker Square, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2|
Phone: (353-1) 863 2000
Fax: (353-1) 863 2100
Web page: http://www.esri.ie
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Breen & Christopher T. Whelan, 1991. "Explaining the Irish Pattern of Social Fluidity: The Role of the Political. Published in J. H. Goldthorpe & C. T. Whelan (eds.), The Development of Industrial Society in Ireland," Papers WP025, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Social Mobility in Ireland in the 1990s - Evidence from the 1994 Living in Ireland Survey," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(2), pages 133-158.
- Barrett, Alan & FitzGerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2000.
"Earnings Inequality, Returns to Education and Immigration into Ireland,"
IZA Discussion Papers
167, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barrett, Alan & FitzGerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2002. "Earnings inequality, returns to education and immigration into Ireland," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 665-680, November.
- Barrett, Alan & Fitz Gerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2000. "Earnings Inequality, Returns to Education and Immigration into Ireland," CEPR Discussion Papers 2493, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Layte & Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Class Transformation, Qualification Inflation and the Persistence of Class: Trends in Social Fluidity in the Republic of Ireland 1973 to 1994," Papers WP123, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Patrick Honohan & Brendan M. Walsh, 2002.
"Catching up with the leaders : the Irish hare,"
Open Access publications
10197/1596, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Callan, Tim & Keeney, Mary J. & Walsh, John R., 2002. "The Distributive Impact of Budgetary Policy: A Medium-Term View," Papers BP2003/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Barrett, Alan & Bergin, Adele & Coleman, Kieran & McHale, John & Morgenroth, Edgar & Walsh, John R., 2005. "Budget Perspectives 2006," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI181 edited by Callan, Tim & Doris, Aedin, March.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2002. "The Inheritance of Inequality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 3-30, Summer.
- repec:esr:chaptr:jacb200207 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:qecsas:2004:autumn:whelan. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.