Economic Change, Social Mobility and Meritocracy: Reflections on the Irish Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrett, Alan & Bergin, Adele & Coleman, Kieran & McHale, John & Morgenroth, Edgar & Walsh, John R., 2005. "Budget Perspectives 2006," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI181 edited by Callan, Tim & Doris, Aedin.
- Patrick Honohan & Brendan Walsh, 2002. "Catching Up with the Leaders: The Irish Hare," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(1), pages 1-78.
- Richard Layte & Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Class Transformation, Qualification Inflation and the Persistence of Class: Trends in Social Fluidity in the Republic of Ireland 1973 to 1994," Papers WP123, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Social Mobility in Ireland in the 1990s - Evidence from the 1994 Living in Ireland Survey," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(2), pages 133-158.
- repec:esr:chaptr:jacb200207 is not listed on IDEAS
- Callan, Tim & Keeney, Mary J. & Walsh, John R., 2002. "The Distributive Impact of Budgetary Policy: A Medium-Term View," Papers BP2003/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Barrett, Alan & FitzGerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2002.
"Earnings inequality, returns to education and immigration into Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 665-680, November.
- Barrett, Alan & Fitz Gerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2000. "Earnings Inequality, Returns to Education and Immigration into Ireland," CEPR Discussion Papers 2493, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barrett, Alan & FitzGerald, John & Nolan, Brian, 2000. "Earnings Inequality, Returns to Education and Immigration into Ireland," IZA Discussion Papers 167, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2002. "The Inheritance of Inequality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 3-30, Summer.
- Richard Breen & Christopher T. Whelan, 1991. "Explaining the Irish Pattern of Social Fluidity: The Role of the Political. Published in J. H. Goldthorpe & C. T. Whelan (eds.), The Development of Industrial Society in Ireland," Papers WP025, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:qecsas:2004:autumn:whelan. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .